Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm Going to Get Lenses

Options
  • 14-10-2008 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Not that you'll care!

I like wearing glasses at times but the usual nuisance factors have persuaded me to move to the contacts for some of the time at least.

What I worry about is if they don't work out I don't want to be out of pocket.

I'm thinking of going to the optician. having all the tests etc done (anybody know how much this is likely to cost). Get the first batch of lenses and see how I go from there. if I don't like it i'll just go back to the four eyes.

Is this feasible?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It does.
    I wouldn't really recommend specsavers for a contact lense test,in fact I would say avoid them.
    Bring your glasses prescription and glasses with you to the contact lense test too.
    A lot of places will give you 5 pairs to try and then you go back to them for a follow up wearing them and they make sure they are ok and that you are happy with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

You may need two separate tests, one for strength and one for compatibility. They should cost no more than €25 - €30 each. Ask your optician about a free trial if you want to make sure they suit you. Most good opticians will allow you to do this.

Good luck, I've been a contact lens wearer for 9 years now and I love them.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It does.
    I wouldn't really recommend specsavers for a contact lense test,in fact I would say avoid them.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Paulie907

I used to buy from get lenses but after doing some reading up i found this article las month that said :

new studies have concluded that the risk of eye disease associated with internet/mail order purchase of contact lenses is nearly five times higher than when lenses were brought from an optician..

so now i dont, i think its worth not to be cheap when your eyes are involved

http://www.opticianonline.net/Articles/2008/07/18/21550/Online+contact+lens+sales+linked+to+risk+of+eye+infections.html?key=INTERNET AND LENSES

Advertisement