Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuts & Bolts Training

Options
  • 14-10-2008 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Can anybody recommend a good book/course/website either online or offline for teaching the technical basics of IM?

Through various courses I have gotten some great information for finding niches, developing content, copywriting etc but I feel I’m missing the basics I.e. setting up a website, an opt it page, how they can download your book etc – the technical side!

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

bret69 wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a good book/course/website either online or offline for teaching the technical basics of IM?

Through various courses I have gotten some great information for finding niches, developing content, copywriting etc but I feel I’m missing the basics I.e. setting up a website, an opt it page, how they can download your book etc – the technical side!

Hey Bret,

Asking about the technical side of things might be more relevant on the Web Design/Dev forum.

However I won't move your post there as yet, because you might have something specific for this forum. Can you list the specific issues you want to learn?

To take the questions you raised:
    1. setting up a website
    2. an "opt in" page
    3. setting up how they can download your book
    1. Ask on the webdev forum linked above
    2. An opt in page is basically a webpage which contains sales copy, i.e. text detailing reasons you should opt in, plus a form which captures email and usually firstname. Behind the scenes, the form adds the details to a list or database, and sometimes sends an automatic "confirm this address" email (known as double opt-in)
    3. If you create a document (book) as a PDF file, you can upload it and link to it from any webpage. A link to this document can be emailed to customers, or hidden behind a payment system.

They're varied questions so I can't point to a very specific source. I'd recommend reading a lot of blogs.

Hope this helps. PM me if I forget to check this thread and don't reply.

Advertisement