Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Washington seat sale

Options
  • 14-10-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Well i was talking to one of my mates who works in aer lingus and because the route is not performing well for them they have decided to slash the cost of flying there.
    The offer is you can each way for 149e each way including taxes and charges.
    Go to www.aerlingus.com , the offer is only for the next 4 days, so get booking, ive tried myself for some dates in November and January and its coming in at 276e all in, Nice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Great value. Can anyone recommend any reasonably priced centrally located hotels there?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

ElNino wrote: »
    Great value. Can anyone recommend any reasonably priced centrally located hotels there?

Or anyone know of some good restaurants that will feed you when your arms get tired? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Stillnotworking

ElNino wrote: »

Stayed at the Sheraton National hotel, it is a about 15 mins outside the city but there is a shuttle from the hotel to the Shopping centre where the metro stop is. Very handy location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

266 return i get, thats pretty great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Washington is nice.

Try get a hotel near Dupont circle. I stayed in the Washington Plaza when I was there a couple of years ago. Plenty of nice bars and restaurants too. Shopping is good at Georgetown and the Arlington Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

Plus ++++

fuel surcharge 75 euros each way

handling fee 10 euros

perhaps someone should tell aer lingus that oil prices have fallen

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For two of us, we're looking at €550 approx. How bad? Seriously thinking about it for a break in the New Year to alleviate those post-Christmas blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

etcetc wrote: »
    Plus ++++

fuel surcharge 75 euros each way

handling fee 10 euros

perhaps someone should tell aer lingus that oil prices have fallen

They all hedged their rate at one much higher than current oil rates so will be paying for their fuel at a higher rate for several months to come.

All in its at 276 or something though which isn't bad. Going to run it by some mates tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

johnfás wrote: »
    They all hedged their rate at one much higher than current oil rates so will be paying for their fuel at a higher rate for several months to come.

All in its at 276 or something though which isn't bad. Going to run it by some mates tomorrow.

They don't have to pay the higher hedging price-it's just like insurance, the hedging contract allows them buy at that price but if the price goes down then they can just pay the lower price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

Good find.

The only downside is that the weather looks to be colder than a witches tit during the two months in question.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USDC0001?locid=USDC0001&from=month_bottomnav_undeclared

Also, don't forget that the inauguration of Senator Obama is due to take place in Jan 09, so accomodation in Washington may be impossible to get around that time.

Maybe look at flying further south & more exciting from there. Las Vegas calls.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement