Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aus/NZ pictures thread

Options
  • 14-10-2008 6:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I thought it'd be a good idea to start a photo thread. You can post up photos of you in interesting places in Aus/Nz or just photos of your everday life (your house, garden, doing things around the city etc). It'll give us a chance to share our experiences and show a little of what our lives are like in Aus/NZ. It also might inspire some other boardsies to take the plunge and move over this side of the world.

Boardsies who have been travelling in Aus/NZ and are back home, feel free to share your pics too!

The usual photo rules will apply i.e. no posts without a picture or it will be deleted.

I'll star, here's a (quite unflattering) pic of me out on a wintery walk when I spotted the penguin sign. It was then I knew I really wasn't in Ireland anymore!

img0437et9.th.jpgthpix.gif

EDIT: I can't for the life of me make it any fecking bigger!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Swan_Rudd_Presser_3009_A_tv_1222750377.jpg

Me here about to tell Australians [SIZE=-1]that i plan to pump $10.4 billion into the economy in a bid to prevent the economy sliding into a recession.
    Thats me mate swaney beside me there, hes some madser!!
    [/SIZE]

PS Watna, we dont want any more of them paddys comin over here with the smell of recession off em taken our jobs and women!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ok here's a few -

Just a bit clearer than the Irish Sea!

2-16.jpg

Sunset in Busselton -

1-21.jpg

BBQ on Christmas Day in Brisbane -

66107211a6566102462o.jpg

With the lads -

3-16.jpg

Winning the WA State Amateur Cup last season -

4-17.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Think I'm getting the hand of the photo thing now.

Love the photos xavi!

Me in the volcanic area on holidays in Taupo.

IMG_0524.jpg

Me, the next day, skiing. You gotta love a country where you can drive to ski slopes from being in pleasant Autumn weather!

IMG_0581.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I have tons!
    Perth, Margaret River, Shark Bay/Monkey Mia
    East + West Tassie, Melbourne, East Coast, Darwin, Kakadu, Uluru/Kings Canyon, and of course Sydney
    http://picasaweb.google.com/kevhussey

DSC01547.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

This is probably my favourite photo that I've taken over here. It's from the Steve Irwin Zoo in Queensland.

66107211a6565474986l.jpg

It was great being so close to animals like that and seeing them kick the shit out of each other was an added bonus! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

a few photos

Einasleigh Hotel
    Kakadu
    Mt Isa
    copperfield Gorge
    KArumba

I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

One from the Nullarbor

Highway up towards Shark Bay
    109283082596476EA3A75B012964A52B-500.jpg

Pinnacles
    1BE4CBA6E35C4E32842D329B4F96C382-500.jpg

Dolphins at Monkey Mia
    1E75A73980834793908E0CBD6DE22BC0-500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Class pics hussey!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

edit:grrr... photobucket isn't actually copying those links when it says 'copied'...

will i take em all down and do it again later, or just leave them, and amend it later?

some amazing pics there, some just don't look real at all! fantastic!

here's a couple of mine.. unfortunately, i have gloves that are a bit falling apart, and the bits that are falling off them, have kinda gotten in the way of otherwise lovely photos. bleh. but anyway, here's mine...

Snap497.jpg

Snap485.jpg

Snap492.jpg

Snap494.jpg

went adventuring to an empty fort, on ripapa island with the mate i go rockclimbign with and his ex. you can reach the island at low tide over a few rocks. mate knew it was gonna be a lil 'stormy' that day, and mentioned it in passing... he neglected to mention the few inches of snow we were about to endure... though i have now seen 4 inches of snow on the beach! over the sand! which, to me, was just incredible! here's some pics of that day.

Snap271.jpg

Snap274.jpg

Snap296.jpg

Snap310.jpg

Snap316.jpg

here's a pic of me on my first day ever in nz!

18-03-07_1301.jpg

hehehehehehe... this just amused me. looks like a holiday home in spain or something...

IMAG2520.jpg

IMAG2497.jpg

IMAG2496.jpg

IMAG2479.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Looks like Taylors mistake and the WW bunkers near Lytleton :)

yep! and for all those pics that repeated, was feckin photobucket not copying the links i clicked on. :angry:

ill get round to fix them all later in teh week, but on dialup now,a nd justp osting that much nearly killed me.

though back down at sthshore now, near your old haunt... house sitting again. will have to try find your old gaf.

emm... on topic... here's a pic of me at southshore...

18-03-07_1301.jpg

:edit: oh no wait! first off, nope, not many taylor's mistakes there... first few are sumner/scarborough beach. ive a few from rockclimbing at taylor's, but ill dig them up later... and gah! photobucket is refusing to copy links on dmeand for me!

here's the pic i meant to post there...

mypics067.jpg

People, there's a no posting without pics rule. I'm not going to delete any of the posts yet as this thread is new but please be aware in future that in order to comment you must post a pic of your own.

I'll be deleting any posts without pics from now on in. This is to avoid clutter in the thread and also to avoid any unecessary comments on people's lovinlgy take photos. By all means comment - but add your own photos too.

Crumble Froo - I know you're special and can't get photobucket to work and they're should be pics there!

whatdya mean tehre should be pics there?! they showed up, just teh same ones kept showing up cos i forgot to specifically rightclick and copy them! and it's not just my cache or whatever, cos windsock saw and recognised them!

whatdya mean tehre should be pics there?! they showed up, just teh same ones kept showing up cos i forgot to specifically rightclick and copy them! and it's not just my cache or whatever, cos windsock saw and recognised them!

I was at work so presumably photobucket is not allowed. I can see them now but couldn't earlier on.

the clicky thing that should just copy the link wasnt working and i kept forgetting to do it the full way. anyway, here's a picture to go with this post, ebfore i go and fix it all up.

dont see crap like this in ireland every day! as a former addict, i was drooling :D

markwetdream.jpg

also... pics from earlier are remedied.

who want a drink on Friday?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=65075&d=1224311263

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

some pics from when i was over a few years ago

Uluru003.jpg
    Uluru

Uluru019.jpg
    Sunrise at Uluru

Brisbane041.jpg
    Surfers Paradise

Brisbane011.jpg
    Australia Zoo

Brisbane095.jpg

F911.jpg
    Underwater at the Great Barrier Reef

Cairnes166.jpg
    Morning view in Cairns

Cairnes074.jpg
    Great Barrier Reef

Cairnes158.jpg
    Karanda Railway

Cairnes173.jpg
    around Karanda

Cairnes182.jpg
    Karanda Railway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

a few more

Melbourne069.jpg
    everybode needs good neighbours

Melbourne058.jpg

Melbourne053.jpg
    out on the Great Ocean Road, Melbourne

Melbourne035.jpg
    seven sisters

Melbourne014.jpg
    A lucky photo, was out on a tour of the great ocean road and this wild koala was asleep in a tree just above the roof of the bus.

Melbourne010.jpg
    Great Ocean Road

sydney001.jpg

sydney006.jpg

sydney106.jpg

Advertisement