Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 USB E220 Huawei Modem Software

Options
  • 14-10-2008 5:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

The software that comes with this Mobile Connect is unpredictable to say the least, was looking online and was wondering if there was a better way to connect. Does everyone use Mobile Connect ? My bar on HSDPA is only 1, 6 miles away in Castlebar it was 5 bars so that could be dye to crashed but the software IS unstable

Trevor

Found this on Wikipedia

Huawei E220 includes its own Windows software in its internal memory, self-installs through the Windows's auto-start feature and can be flashed (overwritten) by the end user. The standard software by Huawei is called Mobile Partner and is indicated by the code UTPS, as it is found on the manufacturer's download site.

Some network operators selling E220, however, replace Huawei's software with their own, which often is software-locked (albeit not SIM-locked) to work only with the operator's own network. End users can use either third-party software such as MWconn (freeware) or alternative operating systems (eg Debian GNU/Linux) to circumvent this and use their E220 with any SIM, or flash their device with Huawei's original software

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Have you upgraded the firmware to the latest version? It's a lot more stable, especially if you have Vista.

http://www.o2.ie/firmware

• Registered Users Posts: 46 trevor1973

was told when i rang tech support that i had latest firmware

11.117.08.00.00 is this it

Dashboard is HOSTA63.11.06.01.02.116

Advertisement