Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 3X03 - "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 14-10-2008 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

US: 3X03 - "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]
    - WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

Episode Title: The Lion Sleeps Tonight
    Airdate: October 12th

Tv.com Summary
    Spoiler:
    After Dexter meets a pedophile at the grocery store, who's set his sights on Astor, he has to make a decision about his code. Miguel and Dexter both know the new body that showed up skinned wasn't Freebo's doing, and need to find a way to convince the Homicide Squad. Dexter is still wrestling with his potential role in the baby's life.

Discuss:

Watched it there thought it was fantastic.

Thoughts 17 votes

King of the jungle
    0% 0 votes
    soaring high in the treetops
    41% 7 votes
    mice among men
    47% 8 votes
    failed to touch the canopy
    11% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Interesting. Glad the "will he, won't he?" father stuff is over. Nice to see Dexter modify the code to include other wrong doers, I wonder where he'll draw the line? Nice twist with the blood stained shirt, thought that plot was going in a different direction.

My only problem is Deb, her story arc with the informant and the crooked cop / internal affairs stuff isn't drawing me in and I'm dreading each time it cuts to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Good episode and yeah, it was great when Dexter took out that scumbag - I wonder though if he left more evidence as he seemed to just strangle the guy there and then, rather than go through his more carefully prepared "ritual" of killing off someone? Loved the scene where he goes to confront the guy too and tells him that they cannot change their nature...

Interesting where the plot with the DA is going too and him becoming Dexter's "friend".

As for Deb's story line, I think she's gonna hook up with the informant and that'll lead her to learning something about that other cop that IA is so interested in - he seems awfully possessive of the informant...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭BKtje

Nice twist with the blood stained shirt, thought that plot was going in a different direction.
    Anyone else see the ADA trying to get Dexter done for it? He seems too care too much about justice to let his conscious handle it in the long run.

Also i'm thinking the CI has something to do with the killings though that's just pure guess work and the fact shows usually do that kind of thing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

This might be way out there, but I've a strange feeling that Santos from the West Wing is way more involved in all of this than we think. Wouldn't be surprised if he and his late brother were heavily involved in Freebo's world and somehow connected to the skin killings.

Also, Dex stopping to get some milk from the fridge was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

This might be way out there, but I've a strange feeling that Santos from the West Wing is way more involved in all of this than we think. Wouldn't be surprised if he and his late brother were heavily involved in Freebo's world and somehow connected to the skin killings.

Is Santos the ADA's bald brother? If so I agree.

• Advertisement

No, he's the ADA himself ---> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001751/
    We already know he's corrupt for ignoring the witness in that case just to get a win.

But I reckon the baldy chap might be in on it too. It'll probably play out til the final episodes of the season til we see the twist, that seems to be how the seasons have played out so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

My thinking is that Santos is like Dexter. Dexter going beyond the law to punish those who escape the system and Santos is doing the same minus the killing of course.

Perhaps that's why he likes Dexter, especially after knowing he murdered Freebo. Santos himself didn't seemed too fazed by the killing and was well au fait with getting it covered up.

The Gnome wrote: »
    My thinking is that Santos is like Dexter. Dexter going beyond the law to punish those who escape the system and Santos is doing the same minus the killing of course.

Perhaps that's why he likes Dexter, especially after knowing he murdered Freebo. Santos himself didn't seemed too fazed by the killing and was well au fait with getting it covered up.

From the looks the bald lad was givin Dexter he looks like he knows about Dexter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Really like the theme of this weeks episode, my favourite line being

"In the Land of Predators, the Lion Never Fears the Jackal"

seems to be all over the place though with Dexter becoming a father , Miguel knowing about Dexter as a murderer, the whole freebo/skinner man hunt. It just seems like it needs some focus.

Also, it strikes me, what with LaGuerta being so pally with Miguel, that she might of voiced the fact with him that Doakes thought Dexter was the Bay Harbour Butcher.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Really like the theme of this weeks episode, my favourite line being

"In the Land of Predators, the Lion Never Fears the Jackal"

seems to be all over the place though with Dexter becoming a father , Miguel knowing about Dexter as a murderer, the whole freebo/skinner man hunt. It just seems like it needs some focus.

Also, it strikes me, what with LaGuerta being so pally with Miguel, that she might of voiced the fact with him that Doakes thought Dexter was the Bay Harbour Butcher.

Aye, she has to have said it to someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

L31mr0d wrote: »

Did Doakes actually tell LaGuerta at some point last season? I can't remember. Yeah, he hated Dexter's guts and everyone knew it, but did he actually mention his suspicions?

J-blk wrote: »
    Did Doakes actually tell LaGuerta at some point last season? I can't remember. Yeah, he hated Dexter's guts and everyone knew it, but did he actually mention his suspicions?

I think I remember him shouting "Morgan is the Bay Harbour Butcher" down the phone as the line got bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I enjoyed that too. Very funny. I thought there was going be a child there or something.

Some really good scenes in this episode. I was grinning and smiling loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

good episode , fridge scene was amusing, i tooo agree dexter may have left some evidence (like pictures of astor on the laptop)

i think we are starting to see a non emotionless side of dexter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Just because we didn't see him do the his ritual (plasticing up the kill room etc) doesn't mean that he didn't do it-I don't think he'll ever get out of his kill routine, he's far too OCD.

Couldn't stop laughing about the milk.

I think Miguel and his brother have something to do with the killings, that maybe those killed have tatoos (which are being removed) that somehow link them to the dead brother? Something like that. Afterall, Miguel did go after Freebo with a gun with the intention of killing him. Maybe if the cops had gotten to Freebo he would have spilled on his connection with the brother.. These are all ponderings by the way, not spoilers!

Fletch123 wrote: »
    Just because we didn't see him do the his ritual (plasticing up the kill room etc) doesn't mean that he didn't do it-I don't think he'll ever get out of his kill routine, he's far too OCD.
    Maybe, but he didn't use his injection at all either. He just strangled the guy and dragged him away.
    Fletch123 wrote: »
    I think Miguel and his brother have something to do with the killings, that maybe those killed have tatoos (which are being removed) that somehow link them to the dead brother?
    The coroner said that the removed skin was not of a tattoo so it rules that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Everything is still dragging a bit for me, I wish it would focus. I don't really like the Miguel character which doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Miguel is the killer. That is all.

Advertisement