Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH ARMY DPM GEAR

Options
  • 13-10-2008 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

HI, DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY PROPER WEB-SITES THAT ARE LOCATED IN IRELAND THAT SELL TACTICAL GEAR SUCH AS IRISH DPM ASSAULT VESTS/RIGS OR IRISH DPM WEBBING. IVE BEING LOOKING AROUND FOR AGES AND THE ONLY SITES I CAN FIND ARE ALL THOSE BLODDY BRITISH SURPLUS SITES:(. I KNOW ABOUT ICOA, THERE GOOD BUT DONT HAVE IRISH DPM(EXCEPT THE BERGAN, WHICH I GOT OF THEM,) I ALSO KNOW ABOUT PROTAC, I KNOW THEY HAVE LOADS OF IRISH DPM BUT THE SITE IS BROKE:eek:. THERE HAS TO BE MORE THAN THOSE TWO IN IRELAND:confused: RIGHT!!! PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY WEB SITES COULD YOU'S PLEASE TELL ME, THANKS ALL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I know nadda.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

No need to shout, It's highly unlikely you will find the Irish DPM assault vest for sale legally. Maybe on Ebay but thats property of the minister!

You are on about the new one ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

My eyes! Mairt knows nadda. I know nada. I do know that no-one will sell to people who use all caps, though.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JUKEBOX HQ

i forgot the assault vests were only new, yea mainly webbing then id be looking for, its a bummer watching most of the other lads going on tactics with the dpm webbing and im stuck with the green webbing with like one water bottle pouch on the back lol. its just i need a website to buy it off, the curragh is to far away and im rarely in dublin.

You are on about the new one ya?[/quote]

i forgot the assault vest is only new, i dont mean the proper army one the pdf lads get, i mean maybe one that protac would make, like their webbing, which is just a un-offical one which makes it legal, its the closet dpm to the real irish dpm. eg irish dpm bergan at www.icoa.ie its just the curagh is to far away and im rarely in dublin. its a bummer watching the other lads going on tactics with the dpm and im there stuck with the green webbing with like one water bottle pouch at the back lol:pac:, do u know of any sites??

• Advertisement

Irish DPM webbing? Never seen it in my life, sounds a bit gucci.

Go with the Green stuff it works well as long as you have the correct setup for what you do!

I really don't see a point unless you want to show off really, no offence.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

with all the new dpm gear having been bought for the PDF the RDF will soon be issued with the OG webbing, thats what Ive heard anyway.

I only switched from 58s this year :D

yea thats right, i ment og when i said green webbing, our battalion (67th res, well those of us baised in dundalk bks) have being using the og webbing since mid last year:D. only thing is when u draw it out of the stores for doing tactics you only get the 2 mag pouches and one water bottle pouch, so u cant really carry much in it anyway:(

i think u havent seen it before cause your in cork, think its made and only sold in and around dublin, up here in the 2nd est bde id say around 80% of people( mainly 3* and up) have bought it, yea it might be a bit gucci but it looks the bis and it can carry more pouches than the og webbing

JUKEBOX HQ wrote: »
    i think u havent seen it before cause your in cork, think its made and only sold in and around dublin, up here in the 2nd est bde id say around 80% of people( mainly 3* and up) have bought it, yea it might be a bit gucci but it looks the bis and it can carry more pouches than the og webbing

You realise all you need in webbing is water and Bullets, Food in your smock.

The more pouches you have on your webbing the more likely you are to start jamming useless stuff in.

I was on tastics with a big crowd from the Dublin to Donegal area a few months ago they all had OD webbing.

If you want it that bad though just find out when a mate is goin to protac and have them get it. Still sounds a bit gucci though.

I don't suppose you have pics of the stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

You realise all you need in webbing is water and Bullets, Food in your smock.

The more pouches you have on your webbing the more likely you are to start jamming useless stuff in.

I was on tastics with a big crowd from the Dublin to Donegal area a few months ago they all had OD webbing.

If you want it that bad though just find out when a mate is goin to protac and have them get it. Still sounds a bit gucci though.

I don't suppose you have pics of the stuff?

Just ammo and water in your CEFO and food in your smock?

Are ya sure about that? :p

Poccington wrote: »
    Just ammo and water in your CEFO and food in your smock?

Are ya sure about that? :p

It's what I did when I was on the ground for 3 days like, It works for me. When leaving the Patrol harbour I had rocket pouches for my Norgie and more water and whatever else I had. As I said it worked very well for me.

(I am just on about Cefo when actually out of the PArtol harbour, I had a bergan with all my other essentials in it. I had one meal from my Ration pack on the inner pocket of my smock to eat if I had time on got hungry. (to eat it unheated except by body heat.)

yea try www.62infantry.com and go to the pics section, you can see a few people wearing it, if i can remember so i know the pics of the lads firing the gpmg in the sf role are wearing it, also(which is prob of no use:p) on the inside cover of the june 2006 an cosantoir mag it shows a pic, well this is for anyone who has the mag(which is prob none of yous lol)

yea pics of dpm webbing and cpl mess tin face:D

Yea it looks nice alright, I don't know where you would get it though, (besides Protac). I personnally would'nt pay for it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

That webbing make you a better soldier ? :rolleyes:

That webbing make you a better soldier ? :rolleyes:

no, but it makes u a better a better looking soldier lol lol:D:pac::D

anyways good luck everyone, im of to the glen tommorow for that assesment thing, going to be one hell of a fireworks display lol :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 enda50

The Irish DPM webbing you're asking about isn't worth a ****. Just get some OG PLCE, it's the next best thing to the Battle Vest but you won't be getting that so just get the PLCE.

enda50 wrote: »

It might blend in well but it's Webtex.

Definitely not worth a ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I doubt the battle vest is made soley for the Irish DF so it should be available somwhere, Alot of soldiers ive spoken to prefere the older CEFO because its easier to adjust and fits better for battle pt's, also that all the ammo pouches are situated too far forward for leopard crawling where as the old CEFO can be shifted to more or less over your hips and wont hinder you as much. im just using the CEFO at the moment, doing lpas of the bks, dosnt seem too bad....yet:(
    wont be gettin the battlevest til i pass out:mad:

I doubt the battle vest is made soley for the Irish DF so it should be available somwhere, Alot of soldiers ive spoken to prefere the older CEFO because its easier to adjust and fits better for battle pt's, also that all the ammo pouches are situated too far forward for leopard crawling where as the old CEFO can be shifted to more or less over your hips and wont hinder you as much. im just using the CEFO at the moment, doing lpas of the bks, dosnt seem too bad....yet:(
    wont be gettin the battlevest til i pass out:mad:

The Battle Vest is made solely for the DF :D

The CEFO was grand for crawling in and held a nice bit of kit but it's not worth a **** for sitting in Heli's or Mowag's. I personally prefer the Battle Vest and used it on a Battle PT just last week.

You'll learn to dislike CEFO soon enough :P

Advertisement