Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range Rover 1998 sat nav?

Options
  • 13-10-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,
    I was looking at fitting a sat nav unit into a 1998 Range rover but i have no idea what sat nav i could mount into the dashboard or how to do it. if anyone could help then all info would be great.i have seen screens for sale of older range rovers but are they touch screen and is that all i would need or do i need a base unit?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭xt40

hi,
    the vogue p-38 's came fitted with the nav system.
    im guessing here but i would say that you would need more than just the head unit, probably extra wiring and an antenna somewhere in the rear.
    even if you got all the bits together, you would then be stuck paying over the odds for map updates.
    i personally wouldnt bother with the idea especially now that small portable units are so cheap nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ricko10

thanks for the reply. im not bothered about getting a portable one, in fact i prefer one but i dont want something that sticks on glass or anything. i would like something that i could maybe costum fit into the dash somewhere, and something that isnt too small.

Advertisement