Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which VC game?

Options
  • 13-10-2008 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭

I have 700 points going spare, I want both Bomerman Blast and MegaMan 9 on Wiiware so that is going to require a spend of another 2000 points anyway so what do I splurge my 700 on?

Right now the frontrunner is Punchout!!! on NES, never had it as a kid, looks pretty good for some 8Bit laffs.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Wild Guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Wild Guns.

Care to back that up at all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is that even on the VC?

If you had 800 I'd recommend the stonkingly good gunstar heroes. Bit tougher to choose with 700.

You can always go for the NES classics. Mario 3, Megaman 2, River City Ransom. I'd pick them ahead of punchout which is really difficult.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Is that even on the VC?

If you had 800 I'd recommend the stonkingly good gunstar heroes. Bit tougher to choose with 700.

You can always go for the NES classics. Mario 3, Megaman 2, River City Ransom. I'd pick them ahead of punchout which is really difficult.

Cheers for that, I have MM2 and have been playing it obsessively for some time. I have a working Mario Al Stars Cart for my SNES so mario is taken care of. River City Ransom was never even on my radar as a kid so I know little about it, that side scrolling beat-em up has never really excited me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah it's a goody, a lot more depth to it than other side scrolling beat'em ups. It has loads of RPG elements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

If you haven't played, I'd recommend Paradroid for the C64. Gave me countless hours of entertainment over the years, and still feels relatively fresh today, due to the fact that there aren't many games like it. Impossible Mission and Nebulus are also worth considering, but while they're both great, they can feel a bit archaic.

Had nebulus years ago on the C64 and thought it was a load of **** to be honest.

None of the C64 games on VC interest me, infairness, even when I had a C64 most of the games didn't entertain me much.

Advertisement