Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franciscan well oktoberfest

Options
  • 13-10-2008 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Well people im thinking of heading to this as iv never been before,i just wanted to get comments from people who might have been!?

is it worth checking out?,what beers are worth trying at it?times to go at ect?.....

any help is appreciated!:D

also would i be right in saying its the weekend after next??

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Have not been at it my self, but they are supposed to put on good event and there is a rumor that they will have a new beer of the 10th anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I've only been to the Eastefest, and if that's anything to go by, and considering the weekend it's on, I would try to get there early Saturday afternoon. It can get pretty busy in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Silly folks at the Well don't have this year's Oktoberfest on their website yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

tried to go to it last year.. the Que for tokens was out the entrance and onto the footpath.. far too much trouble to go to , so i popped up the road to the BierHaus,

These things are too crowed, its hard to enjoy a good beer when standing, i much prefer to sit down and relax (but then again i am an auld fella)

pa990 wrote: »
    tried to go to it last year.. the Que for tokens was out the entrance and onto the footpath.. far too much trouble to go to , so i popped up the road to the BierHaus,

These things are too crowed, its hard to enjoy a good beer when standing, i much prefer to sit down and relax (but then again i am an auld fella)

Daytime Sat and Sunday are usually quiet enough for us auld feckers!

• Advertisement

Its brilliant if you head up in the afternoon. Loads of space and fairly quiet. After 5pm it usually gets too busy and crowded to move. Good craic though.

Silly folks at the Well don't have this year's Oktoberfest on their website yet!

That's often the case, but they usually have posters up around the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Failed Salesman

As earlier posters said, get there early on the Saturday and you'll be fine. It will be jointed in the evening though, with the possible exception of upstairs, where we managed to get seats last year around 9 ish. Some of the nicer beers (German, IIRC) were upstairs too, so it was well worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

And so It begins!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Hogzy wrote: »
    And so It begins!!!!!

Enjoy :)

• Advertisement

Also check out the Bierhaus who have a fest on too. Same side of the river next quay towards town.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭VODKA-MAN

Also check out the Bierhaus who have a fest on too. Same side of the river next quay towards town.

Heading to the well tommorow around 5ish and going to the bierhaus after.Do ya reckon it will be busy that early??
    :rolleyes:

VODKA-MAN wrote: »
    Heading to the well tommorow around 5ish and going to the bierhaus after.Do ya reckon it will be busy that early??
    :rolleyes:

Probably ok at that time

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

unbelievable queue's :/

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭VODKA-MAN

i was there at 5 and i even had to que :(

VODKA-MAN wrote: »
    i was there at 5 and i even had to que :(

Well, it's not as if you weren't warned:
    noby wrote: »
    I've only been to the Eastefest, and if that's anything to go by, and considering the weekend it's on, I would try to get there early Saturday afternoon. It can get pretty busy in the evening.
    Daytime Sat and Sunday are usually quiet enough for us auld feckers!
    Its brilliant if you head up in the afternoon. Loads of space and fairly quiet. After 5pm it usually gets too busy and crowded to move.
    As earlier posters said, get there early on the Saturday and you'll be fine. It will be jointed in the evening though

Advertisement