Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bets for tonight

Options
  • 13-10-2008 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

So tonight i will be betting on the NY Giants to cover the spread (-8) against the Cleveland Browns and am considering doubling it up with England u-21 to beat wales -u21 tomorrow night

the single will pay 10/11 and the double will pay £1 = £2.45

now im actually considering having a nice cut off the first one and feel pretty confident about England too so for my prjected investment of 1100euro i would return 2100 on the single or 2700 on the double

anyone see a fault with either bet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Looks like the browns won...american football is dodge these days. I was close to putting on money to recouperate some money I lost last weekend...but decided not to thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

sternn wrote: »
    Looks like the browns won...american football is dodge these days.

Its always up and down, thats why its brilliant for gambling. I never thought the Giants would beat that spread

(and apologies if it sounds like aftertiming but I did post some neagtives in the other thread)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dodge wrote: »
    Its always up and down, thats why its brilliant for gambling. I never thought the Giants would beat that spread

(and apologies if it sounds like aftertiming but I did post some neagtives in the other thread)

? how could you not like that spread on the giants? it was a fantastic bet, the gianst have won 4 of the 5 previous meetings, the giants had won all games so far, the browns had only beaten (barely) a ridiculously poor Bengals team, their longest pass completion before the game was 23 yards!!! they were averaging 1 td a game! the giants were averaging 4.........it was a pretty easy bet to make and id definately do it again!

you cant really legislate for Eli having an absolute shocker and throwing 4 interceptions! he had only 1 this year before the game and also for the lack of runnin game, for some reason it wasnt used much and left the offense unbalanced

Anderson had completed less then 50% of his passes, they were one of the worst in the league against the pass and run whereas NY are top of the NFL on offense and top of the NFC on defence........the game was very similar to the Bengals game....

for me this time its 1100 down the pan, but i am still up 300 for the weekend and i would do that bet everytime!

i called it well though didnt i lol, my lock of the week! they just didnt turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

kryogen wrote: »
    ? how could you not like that spread on the giants? it was a fantastic bet

Giants wins have been against either rubbish teams, or teams that vastly underperformed. Home "smaller market" teams always, always perform well on MNF. Anderson is a still a good QB, and I thought he'd turn it around sooner or later. Manning prefers playeing 4-3 defences.

I thought the giants might have won it, but I was happy to back Cleveland +7.5

congrats on your bet in that case

i was happy with my bet also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

kryogen wrote: »
    i was happy with my bet also!

erm ... how can you be happy with a losing bet? sounds like denial to me

i quite clearly said i would do the same bet again, when i made my bet i was happy with it, when he made his bet he was happy with it, maybe you havent been following the previous posts?

obviously im not happy the bet lost, but i would have thought that would be self explanitory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

jArgHA wrote: »
    erm ... how can you be happy with a losing bet? sounds like denial to me

Why wouldn't you be? You're not happy with the bet losing but you were happy placing the bet and would place a bet under the same circumstances again.
    If you're getting your value you'll end up with cash in your pocket at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

fair enuf, just thought it sounded a bit odd

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

got bored so picked this out never think anything of it

Bayer Leverkusen @ 8 - 15
    Tranmere -1.0 @ 13 - 8
    Bradford -1.0 @ 7 - 2
    Sporting Fingal -2.0 @ 9 - 5

never even considered it getting close and my acc balance was 2.33 off an even number so threw it on.. 50/1

at this minute i only need tranmere and fingal to get another goal.. fingers crossed

• Advertisement

tranmere got a goal only a few mins for fingal to do it..

oh well maybe i hit the euromillions instead:D

Advertisement