Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Access DVD files

Options
  • 13-10-2008 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Can anyone tell me if its somehow possible to access files stored on a DVD without actually having a DVD drive only a CD ROM.It may be a stupid question but I had to ask.I have a DVD drive but I cannot get it working properly on my new pc.I have tried disconnecting the CD ROM drive on the pc and connecting the DVD drive but the pc still looks for the CD ROM. I tried turning the CD ROM off in SET UP UTILITY but to no avail.I cannot figure out why the pc wont boot up at all when I connect the DVD drive.Do I need to install the driver for the DVD first before connecting it up, I wouldnt have thought that would be a problem, but again I cant find the bloody driver either.If the driver is the problem I'll search til I get one if not is it possible to connect my DVD player, for the T.V. to the pc and access the files that way, if so how?
    Any advice would be appreciated apart from the obvious of buying a new DVD drive!!:)

Another option I have tried is to connect my old pc(with the DVD drive installed and working but the pc itself wont boot for me properly) to the new pc using an Ethernet cable but I dont know how to set up the network between the two pc's properly so I can access the DVD drive and files.I have downloaded software to remotely access the old pc using the new one but the problem is its looking for the IP address of the old pc to do this but I cant get it to boot up.I have tried all sorts but any advice would help. If I could get either of the three options working Id be delighted.

Thanks
    elless:)

Advertisement