Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loosing my motivation....

Options
  • 13-10-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

being a beginner cyclist, all last spring and summer i had something to focus on in terms of training...first was the ROK and then a triathlon in september...since then ive nothing to focus on and im losing my motivation....how do i get myself out of this winter slump and get my ass on the saddle again....and ive yet to wear my boards gear!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

sooty11 wrote: »
    being a beginner cyclist, all last spring and summer i had something to focus on in terms of training...first was the ROK and then a triathlon in september...since then ive nothing to focus on and im losing my motivation....how do i get myself out of this winter slump and get my ass on the saddle again....and ive yet to wear my boards gear!!!

Joining a club would probably help a lot. That's what I'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I hear ya, I messed up my bike a few weeks back and havn't even fixed it yet:confused:

But I love the open road so gonna make myself do it, going for geal force next year so I must get training, I'm getting into woodland cycling, keeps the fitness up and the mojo flowing.....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I am motivated not to lose my motivation over the winter!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭BaBiT

Raam wrote: »
    Joining a club would probably help a lot. That's what I'm doing.

+1

I've recently joined a club and its certainly upped my motivation...even on lone training runs I'm thinking 'gotta get fitter so I can hold my own on the club runs'...Also, they're a great bunch of people and it makes a Sunday morning spin more fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

sooty11 wrote: »
    ....and ive yet to wear my boards gear!!!

That should be enough to motivate you!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

I hear ya. It sure can be easy to loose motivation if you have nothing to aim for.
    I'm heading along to this in a couple of weeks to get some motivation kicked back into me and also joining a club.

http://www.irishcycling.com/publish/news/art_3439.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Only one o in lose guys.

I think it's like everything...if you stick at it at the start you'll want to keep doing it and probably get addicted to it. It's just getting back on it for the first time that's the hard part.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

Only one o in lose guys.

I think it's like everything...if you stick at it at the start you'll want to keep doing it and probably get addicted to it. It's just getting back on it for the first time that's the hard part.

im definetly at this stage....

LDB wrote: »
    I hear ya. It sure can be easy to loose motivation if you have nothing to aim for.
    I'm heading along to this in a couple of weeks to get some motivation kicked back into me and also joining a club.

http://www.irishcycling.com/publish/news/art_3439.shtml

Sounds good LBD. This is exactly the type of thing i need to get the bug back. Ive sent of an email to see if there is any places left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Sounds good LBD. This is exactly the type of thing i need to get the bug back. Ive sent of an email to see if there is any places left!

Hope you can get a place. Let me know if you are heading along.

• Advertisement

LDB wrote: »
    Hope you can get a place. Let me know if you are heading along.

wohoo i'm in!!

Advertisement