Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Coolant Level Audi A4

Options
  • 13-10-2008 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I bought a 2004 Audi A4 1.8T roughly two months ago. The S-Line edition. The car was fully serviced after I bought it. About two weeks ago I got a coolant warning light on the dash board. So I topped it up with a litre or so. Now I'm after getting the same message again. I checked the coolant level and its almost gone!

What could be the problem? I dont thinks its the head gasket as the remaining coolant doesnt seem to be mixed with oil and the car doesnt seem to be overheating.

Maybe a leak in the water pump?

Anyone else have/had this problem?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭TradeSecrets

I had the exact same problem with my Audi A3. I couldn't find where the exact problem was until I used to top up the coolant with the pink liquid from Halfords. I then noticed some pink build up around the main coolant pipe from the engine. Had to bring it to the garage to get the pipe replaced. Stay away from the Audi dealers...:)...those garages have BIG windows in them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DaveTheSpic

I had the exact same problem with my Audi A3. I couldn't find where the exact problem was until I used to top up the coolant with the pink liquid from Halfords. I then noticed some pink build up around the main coolant pipe from the engine. Had to bring it to the garage to get the pipe replaced. Stay away from the Audi dealers...:)...those garages have BIG windows in them :D
    Thanks for the reply..

How much did that set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Hi Dave,

I had a similar problem with my A4 .. ...coolant level dropping very quickly ... turned that the pipe at the back of engine that the coolant pipe connects on to .......well the clip had come loose ( or as i suspect I gave a friend the lend of the car for a wedding and he got it valeted ....and the guy power washed the engine, hence knocking the clip off)

Simple enough fix in the end...but worrying untill it was spotted as the problem.

Daz

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DaveTheSpic

MR DAZ wrote: »
    Hi Dave,

I had a similar problem with my A4 .. ...coolant level dropping very quickly ... turned that the pipe at the back of engine that the coolant pipe connects on to .......well the clip had come loose ( or as i suspect I gave a friend the lend of the car for a wedding and he got it valeted ....and the guy power washed the engine, hence knocking the clip off)

Simple enough fix in the end...but worrying untill it was spotted as the problem.

Daz
    I just hope its that simple a problem. The car is still under guarantee with the dealers so I shouldnt have to fork out for the repair.

Thanks for the reply..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I just hope its that simple a problem. The car is still under guarantee with the dealers so I shouldnt have to fork out for the repair.

Excellant news... Get it back to them ASAP

• Advertisement
Advertisement