Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in TF ????

Options
  • 13-10-2008 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭

Fire in the TF (castlebar) this morning ???? Anyone know anyhing about it,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Notch000 wrote: »
    Fire in the TF (castlebar) this morning ???? Anyone know anyhing about it,
    heard that myself as well.

Don't know anything off hand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

Taken from the midwest website

THE FIRE AT THE TF ROYAL HOTEL AND THEATRE THIS MORNING WAS CONFINED TO A SMALL AREA, ACCORDING TO THE MAYO CHIEF FIRE OFFICER, SÉAMUS MURPHY. GUESTS WERE EVACUATED WHEN THE ALARM WAS RAISED SHORTLY AFTER 6.30 THIS MORNING WHEN THE FIRE BROKE OUT IN THE KITCHEN. FIVE UNITS OF THE FIRE BRIGADE ATTENDED THE SCENE AND BROUGHT THE BLAZE UNDER CONTROL. SÉAMUS MURPHY SAYS THAT FIRE BRIGADE PERSONNEL ARE STILL AT THE SCENE. THE PROGRAMME FOR THE RECENTLY REFURBISHED ROYAL THEATRE HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED BY THE FIRE.

Walked passed it this morn and there seems to be some of the roof gone

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

I was working just behind it saw flames out roof at 6:40 rang fire brigade and they got there quick about 10mins. They had it under control quickly and they said it started in the kitchen. Think a nice bit of damage done to it but not sure dont think any damage done to new section apart from a bit of the cladding on the outside. They were still there when I was leave at 11:30.

Advertisement