Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pungent odour emanating from US Ambasadors residence in the Phoenix park

Options
  • 13-10-2008 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Has anybody else noticed the horrible smell of a septic tank in the Phoenix park near the Phoenix monument roundabout on the US ambasador's residence side?

There are two large raised concrete slabs on the grass between the pedestrian path and the cycle path. These appear to be the doors to some sort of sewage system. The smell seems to be coming from them. Its particularly bad if you're cycling from the road from the Pope's Cross and cycling up onto the cyclepath to head towards the Castleknock main gate.

Every time I cycle passed it I tell myself to do something about it. Does anybody know where I could lodge a complaint or let it be known that this is a problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

/Fights urge to make joke about septic tanks and the US Ambassador's residence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Musicface123

I'm reviving this thread after 15 years as it's still there and there is no other info online a about it. I regularly pass it and it's absolutely rancid! How has it not been address clearly a public health issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Not enough people registered to Boards to complain for anything to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

A glorious zombie thread. Love it. My sense of smell has been decimated since COVID. So can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Try here

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100067397186827

Or contact The Office of Public Works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Has Trump been on a secret visit?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭getoutadodge

septic tanks?

I cycle there regularly...never once smelled any sewerage etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭noelfirl

I've smelt it too but can't say I've ever found it particularly overwhelming. Anywhoo - the reason is because a mainline sewer passes North North-West to South South-East through the park, passing just adjacent to the Phoenix Monument. Severely doubt anything will every be done about the smell to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

It's certainly unpleasant but was certainly multiple times worse a number of years ago before they re-did that junction in question. I cycle by it twice daily for years and I'm guessing it was about 5 years ago that the area was dug up and a new installation/tank installed. It improved the pungent smell in the area no bounds but didn't eliminate it entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

First post I thought it might on diplomatic property so nothing done about it.The Council pick up on it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement