Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadwood

Options
  • 13-10-2008 9:46am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I just downloaded bought deadwood season 1 and watched the first three episodes this weekend and I must say it really got past me when it came out first. I think its an excellant show, Just cant beat good actors IMO.

Anyone who's seen it does it stay worth watching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chahop

Deadwood is brilliant but dont wach it, it was cut after the 3rd season for some reason. I still can't understand why it still pisses me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

chahop wrote: »
    Deadwood is brilliant but dont wach it, it was cut after the 3rd season for some reason.

The sets were incredibly expensive to set up and maintain, and I guess HBO felt that the return simply wasn't worth it any more. Not the first time they've done that.

I wouldn't say don't watch it, it is brilliant, but it doesn't get a proper ending, so you'll be left with a feeling of WTF after the third series. It's well worth watching though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Definitely worth watching. Shame it got canned cause it definitely had potential to continue on and get better and better. Season 3 was the best of the seasons for me.

For the quality and intricacy of the story it's definitely worth watching. Forget the fact that it didn't have an official ending. It's not the type of show that would have had everything tied up in a nice bow by the end of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Deadwood is well worth watching. - NSFW

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

jor el wrote: »
    The sets were incredibly expensive to set up and maintain, and I guess HBO felt that the return simply wasn't worth it any more. Not the first time they've done that.

I wouldn't say don't watch it, it is brilliant, but it doesn't get a proper ending, so you'll be left with a feeling of WTF after the third series. It's well worth watching though.
    I believe it was written to be 4 series, each representing a year in the town. Then when it was canned, there was talk of 2 feature length episodes but they've fallen by the wayside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ian McShane's performances as Al Swarengen are quite incredible. Steals every scene tbh! Screen Presence................!

I've just finished watching the first season and am very impressed. Can't wait to watch the next 2 seasons over Christmas.

E.B Farnham is hilarious :D

Advertisement