Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half price wireless printer

Options
  • 12-10-2008 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

In Tesco.79.99 to 39.99 euro. Its a lexmark colour printer not sure which model

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

It's lexmark though... hiss, spit, lexmark are evil, and because of their insane thirst for expensive ink, a lexmark bargain is something I believe should be filed with the easter bunny, leprechauns and the tooth fairy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Didn't know that

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

Does it come with cartridges ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cheap cartridges can be found for some lexmark models, if only we know which one it was......

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

can lexmarks be refilled? i know epson cartrides have some sort of chip in them that makes them useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

Where can I get cheap cartridges for Lexmark printers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

If its something like a lexmark between X3500-4500 then I would avoid it..
    I have a lexmark X4550 and it does my head in...
    Firstly you have to have the bloated lexmark software installed on all machines you want to use it on, Its not possible to get a simple driver only installation..

Secondly, I had a load of problems actually getting it working wirelessly and keeping it working.. and I work in IT support.. lots of problems with windows firewall and my router and other things..

Thirdly, the cartridges are a bitch to refill. There is no problem to actually refill it, I got it done fine but the level counter was never reset, So the printer thinks the cartridge is empty when its full and the software comes up with loads of popups asking to continue etc.. at the same time a message flashes across the printers screen saying non lexmark inks not covered by warranty bla bla.. in other words, it knows its after being refilled.
    As well as that if you were to actually buy lexmark inks they are really expensive..

My next printer is definetely going to be something like a HP just for the ink prices..
    I find Lexmark sell the printers for next to nothing then charge the earth for the ink..

This printer is no deal IMO. AVOID if you like your sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Redisle wrote: »
    If its something like a lexmark between X3500-4500 then I would avoid it..
    I have a lexmark X4550 and it does my head in...
    Firstly you have to have the bloated lexmark software installed on all machines you want to use it on, Its not possible to get a simple driver only installation..

Secondly, I had a load of problems actually getting it working wirelessly and keeping it working.. and I work in IT support.. lots of problems with windows firewall and my router and other things..

Thirdly, the cartridges are a bitch to refill. There is no problem to actually refill it, I got it done fine but the level counter was never reset, So the printer thinks the cartridge is empty when its full and the software comes up with loads of popups asking to continue etc.. at the same time a message flashes across the printers screen saying non lexmark inks not covered by warranty bla bla.. in other words, it knows its after being refilled.
    As well as that if you were to actually buy lexmark inks they are really expensive..

My next printer is definetely going to be something like a HP just for the ink prices..
    I find Lexmark sell the printers for next to nothing then charge the earth for the ink..

This printer is no deal IMO. AVOID if you like your sanity.

+1

I got a Lexmark 5495 in Argos. Software is as above. Won't let you use refilled or compatible cartridges. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,533 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Rule no 1 of Printers is never buy a Lexmark.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Of course you could buy it - and throw it out once the cartridge is used up ! - I'd be surprised if there is'nt a computer user in Ireland that does'nt have one of these unless lexmark printers in their attic or shed

• Advertisement

Redisle wrote: »
    If its something like a lexmark between X3500-4500 then I would avoid it...
    Model Z1420 wi fi colour printer. I don't know if it is any good. I have a lexmark and its not bad except it won't print from Vista which I understand is a vista thing.I think it is the one at http://www.trustedreviews.com/printers/review/2007/08/03/Lexmark-Z1420-Wi-Fi-Enabled-Inkjet-Printer/p1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

Thats my motto!!!
    j

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

. I have a lexmark and its not bad except it won't print from Vista which I understand is a vista thing.

Nope, that'd be a Lexmark not bothering to write Vista drivers thing.

I also regret any encounters I've had with Lexmark printers, but that is a pretty good price in fairness.

Nope, that'd be a Lexmark not bothering to write Vista drivers thing.
    There are vista drivers to be downloaded from the lexmark site. They worked for na while, I think it mightbe a vista update that conflicted. I agree the ink is expensive, and will get another brand prob hp next time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I agree the ink is expensive, and will get another brand prob hp next time

I've got a Lexmark X5470 and am perfectly happy with it for my uses, I get high capacity genuine Lexmark cartridges for it on ebay and they work out only a little dearer than getting refills from the cartridge refill shops.

Agreed if you are printing large quantities your best bet is probably an Epson with a Continuous Ink Flow System

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Do-more wrote: »
    I've got a Lexmark X5470 and am perfectly happy with it for my uses, I get high capacity genuine Lexmark cartridges for it on ebay and they work out only a little dearer than getting refills from the cartridge refill shops.

Agreed if you are printing large quantities your best bet is probably an Epson with a Continuous Ink Flow System
    What the hell is with their logo.

10,000plus.jpg

It looks like he has an erection.

Advertisement