Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Cables

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Jaysus, not a bad offer!

[sarcasm]But you'll not get true HD unless you spend over a 100 on a Monster cable [/sarcasm] :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Is this in all stores, can anyone confirm??

Thats a great price and i could do with another hdmi lead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Just checked Tesco Rathmines, still €19.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

19.99 at Jervis as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,713 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Picked mine up from Tesco, Kilrush, County Clare.

Didn't know they were originally 19.99, should have got more. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Did it say reduced from a price to 2.50? sounds like a mistake if it wasnt listed as an offer.

rubadub wrote: »
    Did it say reduced from a price to 2.50? sounds like a mistake if it wasnt listed as an offer.

No, just a white sticker on the hook. €2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭leex

Purchased one of these in Galway. Tesco stock 2 of these which appear to be almost identical. One is in a blister pack (19.99euro) and this one which has a cable tie on it and just a blue plastic collar. I think I purchased one of these for 9.99 a few months ago. The codes etc on the cables of both products are the same and the plugs "look" the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭kdobey

I know some one who picked these up in carlow yesterday. Philips I think.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Anyone pick one up around Corcaigh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

jayteecork wrote: »
    Anyone pick one up around Corcaigh?

I got one a few weeks ago in Wilton Tesco for €4.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Grabbed 10 1.5m Philips HDMI cables, model number: swv2432t/10
    this morning in Tesco Galway @ €2.50 e.a. & they seem to be great quality too.

I'm sure they'd want €20 - €30 bucks a pop for these in PCWorld...

Can't go wrong for that money :)

Cheers Boggles :)

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I was looking for a DVI to HDMI cable a while back, cheapest in PCWorld at the time was €54! :eek:

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    I was looking for a DVI to HDMI cable a while back, cheapest in PCWorld at the time was €54! :eek:

I'd well believe it Do-more.

I know everyone might not be as technically minded as most posters here & I'm deviating slightly here too, but I cringe everytime I see people queuing in the "World" to leave their machines in for repair. (Rant over :D)

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

tintar wrote: »
    19.99 at Jervis as well...

so are they 2.50 or 19.99 each??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Grabbed 10 1.5m Philips HDMI cables, model number: swv2432t/10
    this morning in Tesco Galway @ €2.50 e.a. & they seem to be great quality too.

Can't go wrong for that money :)

Cheers Boggles :)

-
    I'm waiting on adverts.ie;)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

Altair47 wrote: »
    so are they 2.50 or 19.99 each??

The 19.99 Euro cables were Philips, not the ones the OP & others got, didn't see any other HDMI cables besides the Philips branded ones that day.

Canonfan wrote: »
    I'm waiting on adverts.ie;)

Waiting you'll be I'm afraid Canonfan. :D

All but two (for me) are already earmarked ;)

-

tintar wrote: »
    The 19.99 Euro cables were Philips, not the ones the OP & others got, didn't see any other HDMI cables besides the Philips branded ones that day.

2.50 ones are philips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Tesco Nutgrove the blister pack phillips was 19.99, the loose cable was 9.99 and I couldn't see any sign of anything at 2.50.
    As a matter of interest, what's the difference between the 19.99 cables and the 9.99 cables (I'm someone who wasn't aware HDMI cables existed 3 days ago:)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, what's the difference between the 19.99 cables and the 9.99 cables (I'm someone who wasn't aware HDMI cables existed 3 days ago:)).
    The difference is a tenner. No difference in signal quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭leex

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Tesco Nutgrove the blister pack phillips was 19.99, the loose cable was 9.99 and I couldn't see any sign of anything at 2.50.

At a guess I'd say there is no difference. The cable used in both is exact same (writing on it confirms this). The sockets "look" the same. I'd say the blister packs are packaged for retail and the "loose" ones may have been produced to be bundled with hardware etc but ended up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Tesco Wilton, Cork had a few left this morning. Picked one up myself-€2.50 1.5m Phillips.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Cheers OP, picked up one in Tesco Mullingar at lunch time, about a dozen still left in a cardboard box down beside the mobile phone stand.

invest4deepvalue.com

Got 2 of these in tesco Killarney there this morning.Had a load of them left. They look excellent quality but i have to say they were pretty hard to spot.There not covered in plastic or anything fancy.Its only the bare cable with a blue philips tag.Great bargain at 2.50e!! Especially if you just got a 360 or ps3 on the cheap in tesco over the last couple of days.

Considering a 360 arcade model is only 135e in tesco, and these cable are only 2.50e, you could be gaming in 1080p for under 138e!! Just a thought:D:D:D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bah. Couldn't find it in Coonagh Cross one in limerick. Anyone see them about Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Tesco Clarehall have them for €2.50 according to this thread from the past (well, it's on page three). [Link]

EDIT:
    €20 when I went there tonight. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

None in Tesco in Sligo.. just gonna buy one on EBay for €4.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Lidl are selling them monday for 7.99. Suppose I'll pick up one there.

• Advertisement

There always available for 7.95e in argos but they are only 0.75m cables. The l:dl ones are 2m so there a good buy.

Advertisement