Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A head for construction?

Options
  • 12-10-2008 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

hi im thinking of doing a quantity surveying course next year.Im doing construction studies for my lc but i was wondering if you need a "construction head" to work in the industry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I don't know what you mean by 'a head fo construction' but if you find construction interesting and are good with numbers, you should be ok. You'll learn the rest in college.

Obviously beware of going into the construction industry at the moment though, as there may not be a job for you when you finish the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I know the building business isnt great at the moment but if you have the interest i would strongly recommend that you get your hands dirty by getting some first hand on-site practical experience. It will stand good for you in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

I started college in 82 . Economy on the floor - 20% un employment . And computers were going to make us all redundant .... LOB .

Architectural Technology has taken me to the UK and to the other side of the world . A challenging and ever expanding and rewarding career - constantly fascinating . QS'-ing will afford the same to you . GO FOR IT .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

muffler wrote: »
    I know the building business isnt great at the moment but if you have the interest i would strongly recommend that you get your hands dirty by getting some first hand on-site practical experience. It will stand good for you in the long run.

+1
    you will get a better 'feel' for what site conditions etc are .
    although every job is different. (which is no bad thing either.)
    im not a qs, though have traveled extensively in my profession and worked very closely with many a qs
    (semi retired :) looking after the kids at the mo )

Advertisement