Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona extra 12 Pack €14.99

Options
  • 12-10-2008 5:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

corona%2520carton.jpg

Corona 12pack of 330ml bottles
    at supervalu
    for €14.99 normally €19.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I used to work for the company that distributes Corona in Ireland. They bought a shíte load of these last Christmas thinking they'd sell like hotcakes (the 6 packs sold well), which wasn't the case. They were then left with a load of them they couldn't get rid of with their expiry date closing in.

May be the case here, although the Christmas ones would have gone off in the summer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dont think this is the case, supervalu do a weekly beer offer, last week was miller/carlsberg, so just corona this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 grangeglens

no date issue with them it a weekly special untill sat i'm stocking up for the christmas as the 6pack is about €12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What's that, €1.25 a bottle? Nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Better than the €5.50 they charge in any club in Dublin :mad: c*nts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Same price is tesco at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I was in tesco in ballinrobe last nite

corona wasn't on offer there.
    Think i seen 10.98 for 6btls.
    Brahma is still on offer in tesco at 3.99/4btls
    nice enuff beer

I've been buying corona for years and although ive seen
    them on offer before at 15 for 12
    I have never seen them cheaper than this anywhere.
    Happy days
    time to stock up

Shopping as it should be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

We got them in the Tesco in Maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Anybody wanting to avail of this offer, or indeed any other good price on alcohol, would be advised to do so at some stage today as the anticipated increase in excise duty on alcohol will come into force at midnight tonight.

Same goes for those of you who smoke. Dirty habit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

johnfás wrote: »
    Anybody wanting to avail of this offer, or indeed any other good price on alcohol, would be advised to do so at some stage today as the anticipated increase in excise duty on alcohol will come into force at midnight tonight.

Same goes for those of you who smoke. Dirty habit.

I sincerely doubt it mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

BolBill wrote: »
    I sincerely doubt it mate.

Hate to tell you but that is the law.

All changes to excise duties on goods come into force at midnight on the day of passing of the Finance Act - that is midnight tonight. That has always been the way in Irish law.

Consequently, if there is a rise in excise on alcohol or cigarettes, it is likely that there will be a rise in both, that will come into force at midnight tonight. Same goes for any increase in excise on fuel, it is thought likely that the excise duty on diesel is going to increase in the current budget.

If you don't believe me, examine this page on the accountingnet.ie website where you will find a summary of the budget given last year on December 5th 2007. You will note the following:
    The Excise Duty on a packet of 20 cigarettes is being increased by 30 cents (including VAT) with a pro-rata increase on other tobacco products, with effect from midnight on 5 December 2007.

Advertisement