Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 cans Coke/Diet/Zero: £5 stg...

Options
  • 12-10-2008 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Down in Sainsbury's for some groceries earlier...they have a 2 for 1 offer on 12 packs of coke, meaning you end up with 2 dozen cans for a fiver, or about €6.80....by contrast I was in my local Dunnes eysterday and their offer was buy one 6 pk of coke and get the 2nd half price. Sainsbury's litterally half the price. Don't know how long offer has been on or it ends...seemed to have lots of stock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

lidl had 24 cans for 10.99 yesterday

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Are these Irish or GB Cokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

i dont know. i didn't look that closely at 'em

is there a difference with the irish and the gb ones? i am aware of some issues with cans with arabic writing on them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Aye, as a Coke addict the difference in taste is as noticeable as chalk and cheese, but most casual drinkers wouldn't notice. I've been up there before and sometimes they have the Irish Cokes other times the ones labeled GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

All the cans I'm seeing in circulation atm seem to be bottled/canned up north. Perfectly drinkable :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Canned in Lisburn. As someone who drinks a lot of diet coke, I find they're the same as the Irish ones (at least what we get along the border)...the ones I got in Dunnes on friday were also NI produce. I don't drink regualr so don't know if the taste difference is apparent. Defo not the arabic muck anyhow...

Sounds good so. The Irish ones have both the northern and southern plant info, so its the good stuff alright. I was planning to make a trip up soon for some baby gear, so this'll make it sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

bennyob wrote: »
    lidl had 24 cans for 10.99 yesterday

Yea i got these also :D

edit: there canned in lisburn also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Taja147

Wertz wrote: »
    Down in Sainsbury's for some groceries earlier...they have a 2 for 1 offer on 12 packs of coke, meaning you end up with 2 dozen cans for a fiver, or about €6.80....by contrast I was in my local Dunnes eysterday and their offer was buy one 6 pk of coke and get the 2nd half price. Sainsbury's litterally half the price. Don't know how long offer has been on or it ends...seemed to have lots of stock.

The coke thats in Dunnes at the moment is now 99p for 2ltr as we baught the ones from sainsburys and ended up with 70 cans for £15 but if had of went to dunnes it would of been 30 ltrs for the same price so dunnes is better value, only with cans its fizzy and dont go flat as in a bottle some times does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Aye I usually stock up on bottles when it's going cheap but prefer cans for convenience and for taking with me in the car or to work. I usually make it 2/3's of the way through 2lts of diet and it's then flat and undrinkable and get's chucked out...at the sainsburys price you get ~8 lts canned for a fiver....the Dunne's price you get 10 lts but for me I get less value since I loose some to flatness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement