Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

defender 90

Options
  • 11-10-2008 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi I have a defender 90 with flip seats and windows and before I pay vrt I want to change to commercial anyone know the spec :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

You will have to remove the rear seats, weld over the seat mounting points, weld over the seat belt mounting points and blank out the rear windows before the revenue will pass it as a commercial

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

not entirely true

i have just passed my conversion on my hilux surf all i had to do was to

1. remove rear seats
    2. remove rear seatbelts.
    3. plug up all bolt holes for the seats and seatbelts with a metal putty no need to weld the up.
    4. get the jeep weighted with a printed weight docket
    5. a form from the doe test centre that needs to be signed by the garda

and thats it nothing to be done to the windows or floor pan.

when the above was done i had to go over to my tax office(nass) the teaster came out checked over the work done and she was happy.
    she sent off the form and now all im waiting on is the doe which is up friday

i went into the doe centre and asked the tester do i need to do anything else he said everything was grand but where you bring it might be different check with them i got my doe done in portlaoise and its taxed in kildare.

now just to pass the doe test. when its passed the form i will get i have to bring that over to the tax office and then i can tax the jeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Thats the procedure if you are just changing the vehicle from private to commercial where the vehicle has already been taxed private in Ireland, if you want to register a passanger vehicle which has not yet been registered as commercial in Ireland, ie qualify for commercial vrt my original post applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

i stand corrected yeah mine was a passenger.

Advertisement