Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

A load of rubbish that people can actually make a career out of debunking. The guy makes a fortune out of selling his conspiracies to the gullible. Him and the guy who runs the Irish Psychics hotline should be strung up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

if used correctly AJ can be quite helpful tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

kryogen wrote: »
    if used correctly AJ can be quite helpful tbh

yes he told us to buy gold 3 months ago! ... and I did, cheaply!

Also he only asks that you buy the material to support the site. He INSISTS that you put it on file sharing networks etc... He only needs money to keep the sites afloat. The operating costs of a hige site like that can be astronomical...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sure...he's doing it for the people...

humanji wrote: »
    Sure...he's doing it for the people...

Well at least he tries to infiltrate the ranks :) ... and provides a good story... with solid advice, free :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Toiletroll wrote: »

Interestingly the gold price fell this year, and for most of the last three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Gold was at its all-time highest three months ago (at close to $1,000/oz).

It then fell in price for 2 months solid (to about $750/oz) has recovered a bit since then, and now seems to be fluctuating between $850 and $900.

Yes in the markets...

If you listen to his show you will find out where to get it at a lower price (if you can still get it)!

Yes in the markets...

If you listen to his show you will find out where to get it at a lower price (if you can still get it)!

Of course we all no doubt believe you.

meglome wrote: »
    Of course we all no doubt believe you.

I didnt ask you to nor do I require your "belief" ;)

• Advertisement

Just to clarify - I watch it as if its a TV series :)

Nothing literally!

Fair enough. So gold has mostly fallen over the last three months that we know as a fact so you must have been buying it from some African slavers or somesuch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

bonkey wrote: »
    Gold was at its all-time highest three months ago (at close to $1,000/oz).

It then fell in price for 2 months solid (to about $750/oz) has recovered a bit since then, and now seems to be fluctuating between $850 and $900.

Conspiracy theorists have been advising people to invest in gold for years now. They were right. They also predicted the collapse of the global economy, and the acceleration towards globalisation before it really took off. I'm fairly sure that you would not believe in remote viewing, but Maj. Ed Dames warned of the economic collapse many years ago, and of a global pandemic which would follow soon after.

Kernel wrote: »
    Conspiracy theorists have been advising people to invest in gold for years now. They were right. They also predicted the collapse of the global economy, and the acceleration towards globalisation before it really took off. I'm fairly sure that you would not believe in remote viewing, but Maj. Ed Dames warned of the economic collapse many years ago, and of a global pandemic which would follow soon after.

In fairness now Kernel conspiracy theorists have been saying just about anything you can think of is going to happen for years now. I would be shocked if some of them didn't happen eventually.

We've been told about economic collapse for decades and yet we have a global crises but no collapse and no sign of any new global pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Kernel wrote: »
    Conspiracy theorists have been advising people to invest in gold for years now. They were right.
    It depends how you define "right".

If you had invested in Warren Buffet's group, you'd have made a far higher ROI. Indeed, despite the collapse of Investment Banking in the past few weeks, Buffet's investments have made him a cool 8 billion in the same period. Gold, in the same period, has fallen in value.

Gold is, and has always been, a safe bet in the long term. If you want very, very little risk, and very, very slightly better ROI than a guaranteed investment will give, gold is a safe bet. There's no "conspiracy" or financial genius involved in advising people to invest in gold. Its not guaranteed to increase in value, but then again, there's no shortage of people who were swearing blind only a year or two ago that investing in houses in Ireland was the safest, bestest option for making money.

Like any investment, they were right until proven wrong.
    They also predicted the collapse of the global economy,
    Still waiting on that one. Maybe it'll come true someday.

Here's the thing though...the value of gold is part of the global economy, and yet you see some sort of unparallelled wisdom in someone telling you to invest in the very economy they predict the imminent collapse of!

If the global economy collapses, you'd be far better off having invested in land and livestock so you don't starve. Of course, until it collapses, thats going to be a mostly-loss-making investment.
    and the acceleration towards globalisation before it really took off.
    Tell me - will that whole "Amero" thing happen before the economies it requires collapse, or will it be after they cease to exist?

Because, when you say "predict" you seem to mean they made an absolute myriad of predictions, covering most of hte spectrum of possibilties. Some of them have - unsurprisingly - been somewhat close to what has actually happened.
    I'm fairly sure that you would not believe in remote viewing, but Maj. Ed Dames warned of the economic collapse many years ago, and of a global pandemic which would follow soon after.
    And when did he predict it would happen? And what were the details? I'm asking because if and when an economic collapse of that nature happens, I'll be interested in comparing details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

meglome wrote: »
    In fairness now Kernel conspiracy theorists have been saying just about anything you can think of is going to happen for years now. I would be shocked if some of them didn't happen eventually.

We've been told about economic collapse for decades and yet we have a global crises but no collapse and no sign of any new global pandemic.

I'd say that if you predict something often enough and for long enough you're bound to be right. I believe that the great conspiracy theorist David McWilliams started predicting a property crash some time around 1997. Well done David.

As for the economic collapse. Well in fairness, there's usually some sort of crises before some sort of collapse so ... eh ... it should be any minute now.

The global pandemic will follow ... later ;)

Advertisement