Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Newtown Forbes like

Options
  • 10-10-2008 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi

Whats newtown forbes like, would it be a nice place to live, we are looking around at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chosen1

Newtown could be known as the main suburb of Longford if there is such a thing.
    Good place to live: you're in easy reach or the town; its generally a good area apart from the very few scumbags; and you have the classy establishment known as McGowans and a few other pubs you may frequent.

Overall a nice village

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sthealy

Hi goodburger, travel another 5 minutes and you have rooskey and dromod, both are lovely and are 15 mins from both longford and carrick. i moved to dromod last year from dublin and love it.... Dromod has a train station on main dub-sligo line, great pubs and restaurants, plenty of shops, harbour, marina, wins local tidy town competitions regularly and public access to the shannon if you like the water. Let me know if you want any more info....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 koolciaran

Newtown is an ideal place to live, its a quiet small village 5 mins from longford; it has a national school, sports complex/hall with gym, two full size gaelic pitches and third underage pitch on the way, a nursery , mc gowans shop and pub , castle inn pub, caseys pub, a butcher, bookies:D, hairdressers, chinese restraunt, pippa food restraunt, bells shop and smiths sop and a catholic church and church of ireland church. There is also a town hall which is ful of activites daily, many activities for children and elders alik. Basically newtown is a wonderplace close to the contryside country walks are wondeful also the townlife is also lively although not recogniesable by noise or appearance!!... there are recently 2 new estates one which i would refer to u is dat of denis quin,s .. he is the builder although i dont no the name of the esrate im sure it wont be to hard to find out:D

Advertisement