Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega Race TV

Options
  • 10-10-2008 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

New(ish) Sega AM2 racer released at the start of the Summer. They've just got it in the bowling alley in Cork City and I had a great time playing it.

I love my arcade racers, but the operators didn't seem to be that interested in this one. I can't understand why. I love Outrun 2 but I've played that to death so I was itching for something new to play. The graphics are much on par with OR2. There's a Wipeout style boost system with arrows on the track you need to hit and a pitlane that recharges your boost.

I only had 3 games because I had to be somewhere so I haven't had a chance to really get stuck into the nitty gritty of the drifting system. It's definately fun. I fecking love Japanese arcade racers and they're very thin on the ground the last few years.

Sega are doing a few other racers this year. Harley Davidson Motorcycles, Hummer Extreme and R-Tuned Street Racer. I hope to go a couple of those end up in Irish arcades. I'd say Rambo will make it to Quirkies anyway.

Check out www.arcadeheroes.com if you're interested in arcade news. It's a fantastic website.

Advertisement