Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a 22" flat screen monitor

Options
  • 10-10-2008 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know of a good quality 22" flat screen monitor suitable for movies and gaming, DVI input, available for less than €200? How important is response rate and contrast? I'd prefer to get it from Elara if possible, as I can easily pick up without paying for delivery - otherwise anywhere that accepts credit cards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

at less than 200 euro, there could be plenty of choices at your mentioned purpose of use. try visit www.dabs.ie, easily find your specific choices.

i have a samsung 22" lcd monitor model : syncmaster 225Bw
    its a good one, and i bought it at >300euros early this year when it first came out. i have played games on this (Wh40k, COD4, COH, etc..) and watch all my downloaded movies from the internet. you can swivel, adjust the screen, rotate ,tilt, etc..

but....if given the choice now, i would prefer or buy an LCD-TV instead such as this one, http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1723608/art/polaroid/tlu-42243b-lcd-tv-black.html

why? because nowadays i just dont use my lcd monitor for games, movies and stuff. i also use it to watch my cable tv- what's happening in the world or what's the latest in discovery, sky premier movies, etc.. which means i dont need to run to the living room just to watch the latest skynews while im doing some work on my pc unit. with just 1 switch, my 22" lcd becomes a 22" cable tv. screen size is just perfect for my study table and the distance between may eyes and the screen.

im still using my samsung lcd, but i have to buy a tv to pc decoder (about 100 Euro) to make it work. if you have the LCD-TV, you just plug in your cable box AV lines and your done. and LCD-TV's have nice-loud speakers! :P

Advertisement