Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrie; Liams murder week

Options
  • 10-10-2008 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

so they're doing a full 5 episodes devoted to liams murder. Doe that mean no other storylines will appear. is liam really that influential a character that they think we will all be that interested. Does anyone really care about what happens to liam. He is the worst actor and character in the show, that thing he does with his mouth really bugs me, he looks like he's had a stroke half the time. he's a non-entity of a character, i'll be switched off for the week. I'd rather a week of becky and roy.

Ps. loved the visual joke the other night when becky was asking roy if she's vomited anywhere, cue roy pouring vegetable soup. timed to perfection!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

MsMolly wrote: »
    so they're doing a full 5 episodes devoted to liams murder. Doe that mean no other storylines will appear. is liam really that influential a character that they think we will all be that interested. Does anyone really care about what happens to liam. He is the worst actor and character in the show, that thing he does with his mouth really bugs me, he looks like he's had a stroke half the time. he's a non-entity of a character, i'll be switched off for the week. I'd rather a week of becky and roy.

Ps. loved the visual joke the other night when becky was asking roy if she's vomited anywhere, cue roy pouring vegetable soup. timed to perfection!

Becky is classic! :D

But staying on topic, that Liam guy, borefest. I will tune in to watch him die though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

He's knuckle-dragging, Liam Gallagher-esque lad.

Ten a penny and dull as dishwater. Hence the reason they are killing him off.

Er HELLO he is hawt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

I used to like him but he has become totally boring lately. And the fact that he's cheating on his wife has turned me right off him (even though she is dim-wit). It annoys me that EVERYONE cheats in soaps - there's never a happy couple!

But I think I will be glued this week - hopefully it will be good!

By the way, Carla's wedding dress is CRAP - was expecting her to have something fab!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Tupins wrote: »

By the way, Carla's wedding dress is CRAP - was expecting her to have something fab!!!

Think they're trying to cover up her baby bump, otherwise am sure her dress would have been much nicer.... have to agree though they could have gotten her a flashier dress

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Carla is SAVAGE....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

So Tony kills Liam and they have filmed 3 endings

does it matter the culprit is Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

JP Liz wrote: »
    So Tony kills Liam and they have filmed 3 endings

does it matter the culprit is Tony

i agree. i mean i read an interview with your man tony and he was trying to make it seem so exciting.....' my mother keeps ringing me begging me to tell her how he dies'..........why ? who cares how he dies? if it were three different suspected killers then 3 different endings would be justified but making a big deal out of how a fairly minor character is killed is scraping the storyline barrel a bit ! i hope maria acts the bereaved wife better than the bereaved mother, when she was more interested in her husbands whereabouts than having lost her child.

So is it def Tony that kills him? I try to avoid the magazines etc as I don't like to read spoilers. I thought that it was going to be a big 'whodunnit' where we're not sure whether or not it was Tony - sure isn't that a bit of a useless storyline so when we already know?

And yes Carla is savage, ha ha! I am female but still like her (- not in that way you perv!). I loved when she wore all black to Liam and Maria's wedding as if she was going to a funeral!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Tupins wrote: »
    So is it def Tony that kills him? I try to avoid the magazines etc as I don't like to read spoilers. I thought that it was going to be a big 'whodunnit' where we're not sure whether or not it was Tony - sure isn't that a bit of a useless storyline so when we already know?

And yes Carla is savage, ha ha! I am female but still like her (- not in that way you perv!). I loved when she wore all black to Liam and Maria's wedding as if she was going to a funeral!:D

Sorry for the Spoiler but yes Tony kills him

I dont like super lips Carla at all she seems to only have one expression

Coronation Street star Samia Smith has described scenes involving the death of on-screen husband Liam as "horrific".

The 26-year-old, who plays Maria Connor in the ITV soap, remarked that she was upset while filming Liam's final moments and remained so when the cameras stopped rolling.

She said: "It was horrible, it was genuinely awful and I was really emotional.

"I couldn't stop sobbing once I started, it was so sad. Your heart just breaks for [Maria]."

Smith added that she uses an mp3 player to help her whenever a scene requires Maria to be upset.

"I have an iPod with really sad songs on it that I listen to just before I film a sad scene. Then in between scenes I try to stay focused and just go off on my own with my music," she said.

"But my Great Auntie Kitty had died a couple of weeks before we shot those scenes, so it was still quite raw anyway. It wasn't hard to get upset."

Liam (Rob James-Collier) is killed by factory boss Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) on the Weatherfield soap next week.

• Advertisement

God, so we have to sit through moaning Maria now snivelling at the funeral.

Why do I keep watching it? It's like a naughty puppy that wrecks your house and pee's on your floor. You give out stink but you still love it at the end of the day.....

......god i'm sad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Is he dead already? I used to enjoy liam but they changed his character overnight from being in love with maria to chasing carla wtf:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

OMG he is dead!! i am sitting on the couch crying, poor Maria !:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

I love Corrie but I thought the whole 24-style one-evening-over-5-episodes was so ridiculously dull:( very disappointing. Rob IS hot and my eyes shall miss the candy, but Liam was made so unlikeable over the last few weeks that I was glad he's gone (even if it does mean we get Maria snivelling for another few weeks/months:rolleyes:)

Oh I have to disagree Cazlou, I thought Friday night's episodes were brilliant. I was glued to it! Even though we all knew he was going to die I thought the way they did it was brilliant. It just happened so suddenly that you still got a shock when it happened, and I thought the actors were great too - it was brill!

And wasn't it creepy the way they all had the Tony masks on? That was well done too.

What did everyone else think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Ah yeah, friday's episodes were good! (Myself and my sis were on msn to each other all through it - she lives near Manchester and had seen Rob that day, so she was glued to it when I told her Liam would die that night. She was convinced Tony had poisoned Liam's drink:pac:)

I just meant that the lead-up with the previous 3 episodes being on the same evening just felt drawn out. It really could've been done over 2 episodes on monday ending with his murder and had the news breaking/everyone's reactions on wednesday. But it was obvious they were just filling in the minutes to drag it out to the double episode on the friday.

In all honesty, it's probably more that I felt he was made such a dislikeable character in the last few weeks/months that I wasn't all that fussed about him being killed-off so I was just waiting for them to get it over with!:pac:

Oh and those masks were indeed very freaky!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

I have to admit despite having my reservations about i was impressed by the way it was done, so suddenly rather than Tony telling him he knew about him and carla and then throwing him in front of a car. when the car appeared i thought it was going to be an opportunity for tony to save his life only for him to kill him later in the episode. one thing the episode did emphasize was, what a bad actress maria is. Carlas reaction to the seeing liams body was so much more realistic. Maria just snivells her way through every scene and not a tear to be seen. You'd think the pet dog had been run over rather than her husband. also why do they insist on having people become friends who in real life, would be sworn enemies. ie carla and leanne. Why would she be at her hen night never mind her closest confidante. likewise, tony having kirk or jason at his. Does neither of them have one family member who cares enough to go ?

Advertisement