Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada,advice???

Options
  • 10-10-2008 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey,
    im in my last year of a degree and really want to go away for a while....was thinking of canada for a year as i know i can get a visa for a year...leaving in may 09
    But, i would be going on my own so really have no idea on what to start thinking about.
    Anyone thats already done something similar, or even thinkin of going the same time as me some feedback would be great!!

Also anyone else in the same boat and looking for a bit of company, i am totally open to meetin new likeminded ppl willing to travel the world!!!

thanks guys.:D:D:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I've been to Canada a few times but haven't travelled around the country all that much. If I was in your position I'd love to start in the east in the summer, travel all over making my way towards BC to spend the winter skiing.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Il go with you...also in the last year of my degree and im heading off somewhere. Havnt made a final decision on where yet but Canada is up there near the top of the list!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Was in Vancouver for the Summer and its absolute heaven. Lots to do, friendly people, lots of jobs, good nightlife, witihn easy distance of whistler and its constantly voted one of the most liveable places in the world! Id love to be back there! Only downsaide is the rain during the winter I believe! Would def reccomend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DubDezzer

Hi,

I've been living in Van for just under a year, and have to say its the best place I've lived so far. I'm working in the Computer Games Industry-which has taken a bit of a hit worldwide, but if you can get over, there's plenty of jobs in bars/shops etc.
    Standard of living is so much higher here than in Dublin--I mean, on a daily basis you can go cycling/diving/skii-ing/jogging around Stanley park----whatever you feel the need to do--and its all mostly free.
    Yeah, sure it rains....but less so than Dublin in my experience.
    People are dead friendly, so you'll have no problem hooking up with people.
    Just bite the bullet, and go out and enjoy life ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ConnMan4Life

Hey Soxysmith
    I finished collage last summer so iv been saving to to canada for a year from May 2009
    I have applied for the under 35 visa with usit and all the forms are been processed now, thinkn about going to vancouver first and working around canada for a bit especially British columbia while gettn a job.

im 22 so its kind of new to me too, sure let me if u wana talk somemore about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lauramcp

so weird was thinking of doing this too!!

spent the summer in toronto after 1st year college, and was thinking after finishing my degree in may of going to B.C and doing a ski season during winter months and then live in vancover in the summer.... just after finding out the winter olympics is in whistler in 2009/2010....

toronto was great really recomend, but b.c. just seams more than a city...

you guys think any more about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Conman4life

hey lauramcp

glad to here from some1 else who might be going the same direction as i am
    toronto is ment to be a real lively city from wot i have heard, you must of had a great time
    Im definatley going its just a matter of waitn for my visa to be processed and bookn the flight
    its cool to get some feedback from some1 like u who has been to the country before and is planning on going again
    I think i might be doing it alone for some reason everybody is going to oz haha

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Hey man, have you already applied for your visa? Have you made any final decisions on where your going and that? Im thinking of heading over around June, the three places i have in mind are vancouver, toronto and halifax. I think id like to spend a bit of time in each of these and possibly some time working in a ski resort too. If i can save some cash i think il probably buy a car there, transport across the country seems to be expensive and since i dont plan on spending the full year in the same place I think a car would make sense.
    Anyway im also 22 and going solo.

Advertisement