Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing Adobe Products Online

Options
  • 09-10-2008 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

I noticed that the new CS4 packages are being released shortly and have my eye on them. I went to www.adobe.ie to get a quote and found that if I choose the online store from Ireland the cost is approx €500-600 more expensive than if I choose the U.S. store and select the "download" option.

If I am going to be using this product in Ireland, does it mean that I have to purchase from the Irish store, or can I order from the U.S. store and select the "download" option. I even have a 15% off coupon, which drops the price yet again for me :eek:

Does anyone know the story with this?, I mean I'm registered for VAT, so if I purchased from Ireland I could technically claim the VAT back, but if I order from the U.S. store I would still be saving much more than 21%. It's an absolute shambles that we would be charged significantly more for exactly the same thing just because of our location.

Also lets say I needed to use Dreamweaver on more than one pc at the same time, does this mean that I need to buy a CS4 package (with all programs that I need for a single machine), and then another copy of Dreamweaver CS4 to have on another machine, just so I can operate it at the same time on two machines. My guess is that the above is correct, but I would just like to clarify if anyone knows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

They check your IP to see where you are coming from. Possibly also where your credit card is registered (europe being different to US .. obviously ... will mean they won't validate it at that price)

You're subject to duty on software purchases and god knows what else that hikes it up about 1k if you buy the suite.

As far as I know you're allowed to install the 1 copy on two machines but the license says that you must only use 1 at any time. As in you can have it on a laptop and on your desktop.

Know anyone going over to the US anytime soon ? :D

Also various people have reported that you can't register a US copy in europe or something along those lines ... others have stated it works fine.

Your voucher code will probably only work in europe as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

on that note I posted this up a while back on another forum

http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com/general-chat/5536-us-vrs-eu-pricing.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

forbairt wrote: »
    They check your IP to see where you are coming from.

Hope they've improved the way they do that; I logged on about 18 months ago and was given prices in Sterling :rolleyes:

Whatever about whether you can or can't, it's sickening that there are differences. Fair enough if there's a tax difference or whatever, but the core product should NOT vary in price for downloads.

Advertisement