Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25% Back on Laptops/Wine/Champagne

Options
  • 09-10-2008 10:47am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

From today till Sunday, 25% BACK on your clubcard on all wines/champagne and laptops. For every €100 spent, you will get €25 back in vouchers in your next mailing
    DUNNES STORES!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

eh...is this in dunnes or where is it:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

your meant to know these things....:p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

davton wrote: »
    your meant to know these things....:p

Haha, what a guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Anyone know what laptops/netbooks they have on offer?

Did they get in stock of the LG X110 yet?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Nipped down to my local Dunnes and they have 4 Laptops on offer.

Lappy1.jpg

Lappy2.jpg

It's a bit misleading as they have them priced up as if you were getting cash off rather than clubcard points back in December!

Models are:
    Acer Aspire One A110
    Acer Aspire One A150X
    Fujitsu-Siemens Amilio L12727
    Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo V5535

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Taking into account that its back in clubcard points, to have a new laptop for €225 is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭torregolf

Think it's good value (and so is the wine as some is half price as it is0, would love some recommnedations on the laptops, for 1st year DCU student
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

delly wrote: »
    Taking into account that its back in clubcard points, to have a new laptop for €225 is amazing.
    That one looks like the teeny EEEPC one?

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

esel wrote: »
    That one looks like the teeny EEEPC one?
    The acer aspire one (the top left and top right in the picture above) are netbooks similar to the asus eeepc range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭jaffa20

hmmm, i really need to get a clubcard and stock up on some wine. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Can anyone recommend one of the laptops please?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hard to say without seeing the full specifications.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

Which one to go for? Just need it for internet.Don't need a lot of bells and whistles.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Silverfox

does anyone know where they have the acer one ones? None in stephen's green or anywhere in the city centre:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cruzzo08

Got one in Donagmede last nite but Acer stocks were low.
    Swords Pavilions had none but said a delivery may have been due in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

was looking at the siemans amilo li2727 laptop as a present it works out at €375.is it a good price its only gonna be used for the internet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Eletrical deliveries arrive on Tuesday's and Saturday's so have a try around again in the morning.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Harvey Normans is selling the Acers for that price anyway, less messy that clubcard points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You can get an Acer one for €269 as posted on bargain alerts a few weeks back.
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-30-104902

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

What way does this work out though?
    Do you get the money back in money off vouchers i.e €10 off when you spend €40 or is it just one voucher and use it for whatever you like?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

wingnut wrote: »
    Harvey Normans is selling the Acers for that price anyway, less messy that clubcard points.

For 225 ?

Last week HN had them for 269 , in Dunnes you get them (net) for 225.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BFassassin wrote: »
    What way does this work out though?
    Do you get the money back in money off vouchers i.e €10 off when you spend €40 or is it just one voucher and use it for whatever you like?

Its vouchers but like cash, can use on whatever you want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Saruman wrote: »
    You can get an Acer one for €269 as posted on bargain alerts a few weeks back.
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-30-104902

This is not the same model as Dunnes.

I looked at the acer today in Athlone and it has 1GB RAM and think it was 80GB or 120GB Hard disk. It looks identical to theat one in Powercity but the specks are different.

Worked out at approximately €300 from €400.

Here is the model in Dunnes that is priced €399 in Powercity:

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-30-110323

Not much value after all see below as it can be bought for €299 from laptopsdirect.ie:

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/ACER_ASPIRE_ONE_A150L__-_1.6GHz_80GB1GB_-_Blue_LU.S050A.074/version.asp

Has anyone bought one of the Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo V5535 ones yet?
    Can you tell me if it has a built in web-cam?
    I went to dunnes earlier but there was no info on the boxes and they wouldnt open one up for me to check and were adament that there was none on it. On the fujitsu siemens website though it says that it does have a webcam so I am a bit confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Depending on what their returns policy is like, buy it and then return for a refund if it doesn't have one.

I suggested that but they decided to try and open it but when they saw a sticker sealing the box they said they couldnt open it. I dont want to buy it and be stuck with something that isnt right for what I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Probably then bought as without one but if you find one after opening,
    treat it as an extra bonus.

• Advertisement

A stupid question, that I presume is automated but do they remember to not give you the points if you return the item?

Advertisement