Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Firefox is FUBAR

Options
  • 09-10-2008 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm getting this scary looking message popping up on the screen when I try to open Firefox. I can't use it anymore!

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
    Line Number 187, Column 5:

<key id="key_errorConsole" key="&errorConsoleCmd.commandkey;" oncommand="toJavaScriptConsole();" modifiers="accel,shift"/>
    ----^

Any ideas? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nobody? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

I am not sure what the problem is, but you can always do a reinstall, which will probably fix the problem.

First though make sure you back up your profile, so you can save all your bookmarks. Here is a guide that shows you how and has pictures, but basically you will:

1. Find your profile folder
    Under linux it is ~/.mozilla/firefox

Under windows I think it is located under c:\Documents and settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Mozilla\FireFox

2. Copy Profile folder to your desktop, including profile.ini

Go ahead and copy the profile folder to your desktop temporarily.

You will see a file called profiles.ini that looks something like

[General]
    StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
    Name=default
    IsRelative=1
    Path=NAME_OF_PROFILE

The "Path" is the default profile and will correspond to the name of a folder. So in the same folder that holds profiles.ini, you will have a folder called NAME_OF_PROFILE (Except it is really a random set of characters.)

3. Uninstall/Reinstall Firefox and put your profile back where it was
    After you reinstall Firefox copy the NAME_OF_PROFILE folder from your desktop, back into its original location. You will also need to update the profile.ini file to point to your profile.

Advertisement