Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Sky+ with a Pace 3000 box!

Options
  • 08-10-2008 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Can anyone advise. Just got a Pace 3000 sky+ box off my bro and have 2 queries.

Is it just a matter of putting my standard sky card in or is there more to it? I know sky+ is free to subscribers (which I am) but is it that simple.

Haven't had a chance to run 2nd coax feed for it yet but can I still record current channel programs. Am going on hols nxt week and if it does it wud be a life saver. Hoping 2nd coax is for when watching another channel!

Dont want to go messing with existing sky box until I'm a bit wiser and no manual with the Pace box.:o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭kqcregg

When in doubt...... I rang Sky (Sorry should have thought of that before posting:o) and they advised that I need to ring them with the new serial number, model number, etc, and they will match it to my existing viewing card otherwise I wont get the channels subscribed when I set up the new box.

Also said that dual coax is required for all recording regardless if it is the current channel viewed or alternative channel.

Queries answered.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm pretty sure somebody here had Sky+ working with only 1 input, though only recording what was being watched. Scheduled recordings may work if box is in standby... though not sure. Still though, having the 2 co-ax feeds woudl make things work much better! :)

Advertisement