Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Jersey ruined in wash

Options
  • 08-10-2008 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Just washed my Ireland rugby jersey and the bits with the green rubber dot things have turned white. Has this happened anyone else? It was on a 40 degree wash. Bought it a while ago so doubt I could take it back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Did you follow the washing instructions?

If you did and it bollocked up then you may have some recourse with Canterbury, but otherwise I'd say get your mam to wash it in future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Amz wrote: »
    otherwise I'd say get your mam to wash it in future :)

Thats what i do :p

Hehehe I figured it would apply to a few here alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

sallysox wrote: »
    Just washed my Ireland rugby jersey and the bits with the green rubber dot things have turned white. Has this happened anyone else? It was on a 40 degree wash. Bought it a while ago so doubt I could take it back.

Doc Brown is the only one who can save your jersey.

The ma took it on herself to iron and old BOI Munster jersey of mine, ruined the front of it

Jaysus, I thought all Mammys knew you don't iron plastic/rubbery bits on tops?

Poor form there from Mammy Pucan.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Like the team - jersey is of poor quality - when the heat comes on it's flakey and begins to disintegrate.

Fabric probably a bit dodgy from havin points of Hoino spilled over it in Kielys I would guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Those jerseys are 30 degree wash afaik (I don't have it to hand to check).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Yea I have messed up two jerseys this year by putting them in the wrong wash, quite soon after I got a new washing machine a few months back. They would not even fit a scrum half now, let alone a prop :)

Damn new fangled washing machines :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

Amz wrote: »
    Jaysus, I thought all Mammys knew you don't iron plastic/rubbery bits on tops?

Poor form there from Mammy Pucan.

I scolded her good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

You could always get this one:

http://boutique.stade.fr/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?type=19&ref=189607&code_lg=lg_fr&pag=1&num=11

Or this one:

http://boutique.stade.fr/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?type=19&ref=189608&code_lg=lg_fr&pag=1&num=11

Then you would never have to worry about it being ruined in the wash. Nobody would ever know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

turn em inside out, wash 'em in a cold wash, never iron the logos...no worries, they'll last forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

You could always get this one:

http://boutique.stade.fr/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?type=19&ref=189607&code_lg=lg_fr&pag=1&num=11

Or this one:

http://boutique.stade.fr/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?type=19&ref=189608&code_lg=lg_fr&pag=1&num=11

Then you would never have to worry about it being ruined in the wash. Nobody would ever know...

yeah exactly cuz it ruined already. The state of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I have to admit, I kinda want an away stade jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭fester

I put mine through the wash (40º) twice before it was ruined :p

This was the result.
    ireland_rugby_jersey.jpg

Well, i got a credit note from the store. Maybe I'll get a Munster one instead :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Same happened to mine. Anyone know if they can be reprinted? And if so where to get it done? The O2 logo on two of mine are coming off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Surley wrote: »
    Same happened to mine. Anyone know if they can be reprinted? And if so where to get it done? The O2 logo on two of mine are coming off.
    I would not say the o2 thing falling off is a bad thing !!

Advertisement