Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEG H&K 417

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I don't think anyone's bothered doing them. I'd jump at one myself. There's something about 7.62 magwells that I prefer infinitely over standard 5.56 ones. The nearest I've seen is a 416 with a 417 type stock.
    If they were released I'd get one in the morning. I'm tempted by the SCAR-H for the same reason but there's something I'm still not comfortable with on the SCAR that bugs me just enough to not splash the cash.

The companies to watch for producing them, if they ever do become a reality, would be CA, King Arms, G&P and G&G as they all have already produced "long-box" type gearboxes to suit the longer receiver of a 7.62 armalite style rifle in the shape of the SR25 box. Though, from what I recall, CA, KA and G&P are all using the same box, where G&G made their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The only thing you can get of the HK417 in airsoft is the crane stock, ACM and Hurricane do them.

VFC have stopped doing the 416 so I can't see them doing a 417.

G&G are near to releasing their 416, a 417 from them may follow. Mags will be hard to get if a 417 AEG is ever made though.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as89-e.htm

Its a great looking rifle to do an airsoft job on.

edit: Dex got in there first.

Actually, mags wont be too hard to get. The SR25 and SCAR-H mags should all fit (depending on who actually makes the 417, if at all). There's no issue getting mags for them at the moment. Though G&G only do hicaps and short-box locaps, everyone else do hicaps and midcaps in the long-box format (the type you see in the image Dave linked to).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yup A&K SR25 magazines should "in theory" be the same and there pretty cheap., :)

Its just that the real steel 417 uses a G36 style mag in 7.62. Only the prototype 417s used G3 mags. New mags will have to be made or maybe not depending who does the AEG if at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

well i know the real deal can take g3 mags

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

I feel a project is now on hand !

G3-Nut wrote: »
    well i know the real deal can take g3 mags

Nope, only the early models can. A new design mag is now used, the mag well has been re designed. Mag release is still the same as a 416.

Nope, only the early models can. A new design mag is now used, the mag well has been re designed. Mag release is still the same as a 416.

Hmmm i see, the DM version for the turks kept the g3 magwell, since the g3 used to be standard i suppose it was a good idea...what would be the best base for it, SCAR-H ?? or SR25

I'd reckon an SR25, the selecter switch will be closer to a 417 than a SCAR anyway and the mag release will be right side only aswell.

• Advertisement

someone on airsoft retreat is probably doing this already or has it done lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

So there isnt a stanag magazine for the 7.62 nato round?

Didnt know that.

Nope, STANAG is a pattern specifically for 5.56NATO. 7.62NATO isn't considered a standard issue round so there's no standard mag design for it. Though there's a kind of gentlemen's agreement going on of late with them. The one used in the SCAR-H is the same as many US made, mag-fed, semi-auto rilfes. It looks like a fatter, straight STANAG mag.

So the hk417 would/should use a similar mag if its to be adopted, at least by the US market.

Odd that there isnt a 7.62 varient of the g36, that would be cool ;)

I heard though that there is or will be an issue with US SOCOM units, that their newly aquired SCAR-H and M110 cannot use the same mags. Just reading about it a while ago on a US military site forum.

I can't really see a problem though, it would be nice to be able to mix and match mags of the same rounds with different rifles but what can you do.

Motosam wrote: »
    So the hk417 would/should use a similar mag if its to be adopted, at least by the US market.

Odd that there isnt a 7.62 varient of the g36, that would be cool ;)

HK are testing a 6.8 version of the G36, it won't look any different though. Same with the AUG A3.

HK are testing a 6.8 version of the G36, it won't look any different though. Same with the AUG A3.

Is that the new intermediate round? Chinese have a similar yoke now.

Its a new round designed with help and input from US SOCOM, they want something more powerful than a 5.56 and less recoil than a 7.62. So they have 6.8x43 SPC and Barret have made the M468. You can just put a 468 upper reciever and barrel onto any Armalite to convert it to 6.8. You can even use the same mag but it will hold less rounds.

airsoft ...... please

whydave wrote: »
    airsoft ...... please

Seems you're out of luck on that front mate, no airsoft 417... yet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Get an A&K SR25 and a normal 416,
    and some paper cups, blu tac, fairy liquid bottle.....
    heres one i made earlier., :D

vtec wrote: »
    Get an A&K SR25 and a normal 416,
    and some paper cups, blu tac, fairy liquid bottle.....

You forgot the PVA glue for that Art Attack shiny hard effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

this has been an item many have wanted for some time and there have been a few rumors hear and there but all have remained vaporware,

vtec wrote: »
    some paper cups, blu tac, fairy liquid bottle.....

this explains alot about your AEGs :D

thanks for the feed back lads

David

hk n00b alert.

How different is an sr25 receiver and a hk417 receiver?

Could a 416 front end be attached to an sr25 to make a reasonable copy, or would it be stupidly off the mark.

Motosam wrote: »
    hk n00b alert.

How different is an sr25 receiver and a hk417 receiver?

Could a 416 front end be attached to an sr25 to make a reasonable copy, or would it be stupidly off the mark.

That would be as close as you can get with all the current AEGs on the market. Take an A&K SR25, put a JG 416 RIS on there and swap out the stock for a ACM HK417 stock. I don't know if the 416 RIS will fit well with an SR25 reciever as I think the top rail sits higher on the 416 RIS than noraml RIS hand guards.

Advertisement