Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone watch Steve Coogan's Sunshine last night?

Options
  • 08-10-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭

Very good I thought some good comedic moments and then some sad moments with Coogans character addicted to gambling and hiding it from his wife, have to say worth catching if they repeat it. I think Coogan plays very well in this, also stars Bernard Hill as his dad and Craig Cash who co-wrote The Royal Family.

Anyone else watch it?

P.S. One mistake I spotted Bing gets his son a Playstation for his birthday, the show is set in the 90's, but the wife says to Bing "those PSP's are expensive" slip of the tongue as PSP's didn't come out until 2002-2003 timeframe :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

Playstation is around since the mid 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Radio Mad. wrote: »
    Playstation is around since the mid 90s.

No what i meant was that the show is set in the 90's which was when the PS1 came out, but the wife says "Those PSP's are expensive" PSP's didn't come out till the 00's, anyway changed my wording above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I also enjoyed this. It had funny and sad bits.

definitly gonna watch the other 2 parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The betting scam relied on "Bing" Crosby (an inveterate gambler) and studier of the Racing Post not knowing the correct time of a big summer flat race on which he was betting. The whole thing was very predictible - Craig Cash is a good writer but a limited one - all hearty Lancastrians and thier funny ways (Royale Family, Early Doors).

Mike

Advertisement