Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what glue

Options
  • 08-10-2008 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

which type of glue do most of you recommend, pva, quick drying, epoxies, i mostly just go with pva because its more readily available but im interested in what other types to use

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Howdy Bigstar,
    I use PVA based glues for most of my woodworking,if I'm making a jig or say a Bristol type lever I'd use a two part epoxy to 'set' the nut.I've also started
    to 'model' complicated stuff before I make it full size and I use a hot glue gun from Lidl for that work. I think some of the turners use superglues for fixing cracks in thin stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

Mostly I use PVA but from time to time use a hot glue gun, 2 pack glue, water proof PVA glue (blue tube), castimite, gorilla glue and contact glue.

It really depends on what I'm doing>

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

S.L.F wrote: »
    Mostly I use PVA but from time to time use a hot glue gun, 2 pack glue, water proof PVA glue (blue tube), castimite, gorilla glue and contact glue.

It really depends on what I'm doing>

and when things get complicated Superglue.

Advertisement