Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 buy Ch6 then make 15 redundancies!

Options
  • 07-10-2008 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed that after TV3 bought Ch6 they then make 15 redundancies?

Whats the story there then?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's quite common in takeovers/mergers. When the two companies join they have departments that overlap which could lead to some departments having more staff than is neccessary.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perfectly normal unfortunately, have to say didn't know TV3 bought Channel 6

• Registered Users Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

hard to believe there were even 15 people employed at C6 - how many ppl do you need to put in a tape of "My Name is Earl"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

loyatemu wrote: »
    hard to believe there were even 15 people employed at C6 - how many ppl do you need to put in a tape of "My Name is Earl"?

You beat me to it ;) !

Well, 2 people anyway. 1, as above, and the other to never answer e-mails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

The redundancies were at TV3 not C6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

loyatemu wrote: »

Two: 1 to do it and 1 to show the vapid presenter twit how to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

Ch6 has a very small number of staff from what I recall. As for TV3, as they said a few days ago, they already run a very tight ship, some might even say too tight. Dunno where they'd cut that fat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Wheels wrote: »
    Ch6 has a very small number of staff from what I recall. As for TV3, as they said a few days ago, they already run a very tight ship, some might even say too tight. Dunno where they'd cut that fat.
    How about that fat fool who presents the weather, he's nothing but a waste of shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

They may have a fat fool presenting the weather but they don't pay him truck loads of cash like RTE pay their fat fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

Skyuser wrote: »
    They may have a fat fool presenting the weather but they don't pay him truck loads of cash like RTE pay their fat fools.

Exactly, plus he's popular and they get their moneys worth from him. You might think he's a fat fool but he's not aimed at you. The desperate housewives of Ireland generally like him.

Grainne Seoige's pay was capped at 40K @ TV3, she could never get any higher and that was why she left for Sky News.

• Advertisement
Advertisement