Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P90 Battery

Options
  • 07-10-2008 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I intend to upgrade my TM P90 to ~320 FPS in the near future, but don't want to forefeit the excellent rate of fire it currently has.
    One thing about the battery that concerns me is that its NiCD and not NiMh, not sure what the disadvantages are, other than the memory effect.
    Will this give my P90 a significant ROF increase?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

what battery are you using at the moment ?

Battery im currently using myself http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=7119 with 1j spring and bearing get a nice consistent 1100rpm+ without an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

I'm using a Firefox 8.4V mini-type battery. Fully charged it outputs 10.06v! Your linked battery looks like much better value for money, and less modding required. On second thoughts, I just looked at the postage cost $23.57...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The chemistry of an airsoft battery will generally only vary the manner in which it is charged. NiMH's require fast charging, NiCd's require trickle charging. It's often easier to get NiMH's in higher capacities then NiCd's but the performance is the same, the difference in that case would be the high capacity simply lasting longer.

Both NiMH and NiCd are 1.2v cells and, given equal capacities, perform exactly the same as each other. Just watch how you charge them.

I'm using a Firefox 8.4V mini-type battery. Fully charged it outputs 10.06v!

It will only put that out for a short period of time when the battery has been over charged will drop down to the 8.4v that the packs 7*1.2v cells are designed for.

Puding wrote: »
    It will only put that out for a short period of time when the battery has been over charged will drop down to the 8.4v that the packs 7*1.2v cells are designed for.
    I know, it lasts only for the first few shots, then drops to ~9V.

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    NiMH's require fast charging, NiCd's require trickle charging. It's often easier to get NiMH's in higher capacities then NiCd's but the performance is the same.
    Just watch how you charge them.
    I didn't know that, will keep that in mind next time I'm charging a NiCd.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

7.4 2000mAh 25C Lipo is what you want.

another good option, nice discharge rate for fast trigger response and nice rof, lipos are not for everyone thought and if you do go the lipo route invest in a nice balance charger adds to the expense at the start

Beast ASI wrote: »
    You got a link?

http://www.rclipos.com/PolyRCSpecials.htm#PRC25C

7.4V 2000mAh (2 cells) 20C/30C - That one. $28 shipped :). Not sure if the 2200mAH will fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Note, you will need special charging equipment for these lipo batteries. Unless you enjoy the idea of having it explode on your face...

Beast ASI wrote: »
    http://www.rclipos.com/PolyRCSpecials.htm#PRC25C

7.4V 2000mAh (2 cells) 20C/30C - That one. $28 shipped :). Not sure if the 2200mAH will fit.

Thanks, I might go with this option pending the cost of a lipo charger.
    NakedDex wrote: »
    Note, you will need special charging equipment for these lipo batteries. Unless you enjoy the idea of having it explode on your face...

I have a TLP 4000c, will that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 grstarkey78

deffanatly not it will blow up if you want half or even no house charge it off that you have to get a balance charger. i use duramax 7.4v 2200mha great life last longer than nimh and great responce on the trigger and i charege it with duramax balance charger go to airsoft warehouse they have a closing down sale lee cotten will sort you out if you have any qs mail him he will answer you in a few hrs. get it now because there is 30%- 60% discount on products.......

deffanatly not it will blow up if you want half or even no house charge it off that you have to get a balance charger. i use duramax 7.4v 2200mha great life last longer than nimh and great responce on the trigger and i charege it with duramax balance charger go to airsoft warehouse they have a closing down sale lee cotten will sort you out if you have any qs mail him he will answer you in a few hrs. get it now because there is 30%- 60% discount on products.......

http://www.airsoftwarehouse.co.uk/acatalog/Duremax_Li-poly_Balance_Chargers.html
    Is this the one I need? Sounds like you connect your regular charger to the balancer, am I right?
    As for the fireproof storage/charge bag, these lipos sound dodgy as hell:eek:.

As for the fireproof storage/charge bag, these lipos sound dodgy as hell:eek:.

It' just for safety, as long as your a twat with them your fine :). Same could be said for Nimh's :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 grstarkey78

no you do not conect it to your normal charger that is the charger it come with mains plug addapter and car battery addapter then you plug in the input in the side and the conect the small conecter on the battery remeber there is two leads on these batteries one for charging and the other to plug in to your aeg.

no you do not conect it to your normal charger that is the charger it come with mains plug addapter and car battery addapter then you plug in the input in the side and the conect the small conecter on the battery remeber there is two leads on these batteries one for charging and the other to plug in to your aeg.

Is the charging cable the small cable in the centre of the picture?
    Firefox%2011.1v%202300mah%20(12C)%20Li-Polymer%20battery%20pack.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

The small 3 wire connector is the charger lead. You must use an "Intellegent" charger, hence the extra sensor wire.

Hmm - on closer examination, my setup is only 2 wires from the charger and seems to be working ok - its a 7.4vLipo charged by 8.4v charger Li-ion with bi-colour LED red disconnected - Heartbeat green - charging, steady green - charged as far as I remember. previous post is what I was advised before.

tonky wrote: »
    its a 7.4vLipo charged by 8.4v charger Li-ion

Are you using a Li-ion charger to charge Lipo batteries?
    Would the linked charger work with Lipos?

http://www.batterycity.ie/universal_charger_for_li_ion_packs_of_3_7_14_8v-p-3311.html?cPath=37_272&osCsid=6c7e99715db482151f3631f4e26a6127

• Advertisement

Are you using a Li-ion charger to charge Lipo batteries?
    Would the linked charger work with Lipos?

http://www.batterycity.ie/universal_charger_for_li_ion_packs_of_3_7_14_8v-p-3311.html?cPath=37_272&osCsid=6c7e99715db482151f3631f4e26a6127

This is what my setup is and it works ok. There's a lot of scare stories around about LiPo batteries. No doubt some justified. They are excellent in use, but need respect, apparently ... esp when charging. I have read up some on them, but I would defer to more knowlegeable members here or maybe a retailer.
    If you act the b***ix with these they can be dangerous as they contain their own oxidant i.e. burn like F*** - so I understand anyway. I never leave my charging LiPos unattended anyhow.

tonky wrote: »
    This is what my setup is and it works ok.

Do you have that exact charger (the one I linked)?

I will be keeping a close eye on them, I dont want to set the hpuse on fire!

Do you have that exact charger (the one I linked)?

I will be keeping a close eye on them, I dont want to set the hpuse on fire!

No, It's just a generic wall wart.
    86063178 ?
    Model GM-084100
    Input 100-240V 50-60Hz 0.02 Max
    Output 8.4V 1.0A
    I think MIA do them. Maybe others.

Advertisement