Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Bodge Job

Options
  • 07-10-2008 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

I got bored and decided to make some double mags as last time I played in HRTA I had to carry 4 mags in my pocket due to my vets only having 3 pouches....

This is how one of them looks in my M4
    st830622eu9.th.jpg

This is it on its own
    st830624vu4.th.jpg

And here's the two of them I made
    st830627zj8.th.jpg

Now.. someone make a guess at the materials used :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You could get yourself a readmag system, that way theres always a loaded magazine ready on the side of the gun, the downside to the way you have it is that when your using the second mag you have an empty mag taking up space connected to the side of the gun.,
    rwc-m4cqb-l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

volvic bottle caps and blue electrical tape.

I may be wrong about the volvic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

vtec wrote: »
    You could get yourself a readmag system, that way theres always a loaded magazine ready on the side of the gun, the downside to the way you have it is that when your using the second mag you have an empty mag taking up space connected to the side of the gun.,
    rwc-m4cqb-l.jpg

Yeah but costs money... these bodges cost €1.68 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The blue tape does as good a job as any "tactical" accessory. :D

volvic bottle caps and blue electrical tape.

I may be wrong about the volvic.

Well the blue electrical tape is obvious :p

And its not bottle caps :P

• Advertisement

Doomofman wrote: »
    Well the blue electrical tape is obvious :p

And its not bottle caps :P

Boiled sweets?

I used to use softmints to separate RAM chips.

Taped up coins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Boiled sweets?

I used to use softmints to separate RAM chips.

:eek::eek::eek:

vtec wrote: »
    Taped up coins?

DING DING

12x 5c and 12x 2c for each double mag :p

DING DING

Taped up coins ... trust a north sider to smell loose change through rubber tape eh?

:p

• Advertisement

DING DING

bwahaha., im good huh. ,:D

So it cost ya 84cent even before ya started., lol

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, I did same with two UMP mags, some foam from a flight case and some black electrical tape(blue is a bad colour:p). In any case, I dont really see a point in starting a thread about it, maybe put it in madness....

(blue is a bad colour:p).

Say that when your looking for your mag in overgrowth., :p

Maybe other people could post bodge jobs they've done...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Yeah, I did same with two UMP mags, some foam from a flight case and some black electrical tape(blue is a bad colour:p). In any case, I dont really see a point in starting a thread about it, maybe put it in madness....

Whats better to start a thread about?

Maybe a good aul moan thread, thats what is usually posted. :P

Motosam wrote: »
    Whats better to start a thread about?

Maybe a good aul moan thread, thats what is usually posted. :P

Point taken.

Well then, on bodges. Heres one that didnt work:
    DSC01454.jpg
    Need new mesh :p You should see what the bbs did to that.

Point taken.

DSC01454.jpg

Haha.. I was considering trying to mesh behind the eyes on my sykes mask... but from what I've seen it mightnt be the best idea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i read in the sas thread on arnies and another forum that the s10 lens where not suitable for airsoft, as they can shatter? no confirmation of this thought

Puding wrote: »
    i read in the sas thread on arnies and another forum that the s10 lens where not suitable for airsoft, as they can shatter? no confirmation of this thought

Well as I dont have any hot guns I cant tell you +1J but up to 1J I sincerly dout they will fail. NO HOT GUNS :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

this was at the 1j limit at cqb, will have to try and locate the threads i remember as i can not recall the exact details

Edit:
    The question of using S10's as airsoft face protection is often raised, as many people feel that using one will complete their look. There is one thing to note with the S10 respirators, however, and that is that the standard S10 lenses are NOT BALLISTICALLY SAFE, i.e. they are not safe as eye protection.

3 shots with a B&T MP5 (around 317FPS at last chrono) blew a scab off of the inside of the lens right into the area that the eye would have been had someone been wearing it, and a sniper rifle at about 340 had slightly lesser effects on the other lens after 1 shot.

Please, If you intend on using an S10 as face protection, either replace the lenses with ballistically proofed lenses, or with wire goggle mesh anchored securely.

(Edit by Quinch) - When using an S10 or any other respirator for airsoft it is vitally important to remove the internal filters from their casing. This is often quite simple but essential.

Not only do the filters naturally restrict air intake but they are often out of date in “surplus” models, it has been know for out of date filter systems to be carcinogenic in nature (cancer causing).

Thats from ascuk but not the thread i remember as this thread detailed someone who was making rated replacement insearts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 rat face murphy

Point taken.

DSC01454.jpg

ya i can see why....
    did ya make dat mesch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Good post Doomofman, thats thinking with your hied!:D

Oh and Lethal, it was perfect before you started messing with it. getting a definate MSG feeling off that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

my bodge job so far is my sling.
    abaaf561.jpg
    first off, the sling attachment point on the stock had to be moved to the other side as i am a lefty. that was easily done with a pliers. their quality are not great (sling attachments). i will have to keep an eye on them.
    the sling is quick removable. there is one perminant attachment point stitched to the stock end attachment point.
    54f690a2.jpg
    this attacment point has a neoprene collar over it. this will make sure it doesn't clunk on the side of the gun.
    edad2d5c.jpg
    the whole construction is solidly (but not prettily) stitched. so wont be going tits-up on me anytime soon.
    webbing and clips bought in lenehens on caple street. needle and thread in hickeys on henry street. the whole lot cost about three euro i would guess, and took an hour to make.

my other bodge job is a biggy. heavily modding my PLCE yoke and one of my large PLCE pouches into something..... different. i am after one part now. a respirator unit. something along the lines of this;
    post-respirator.jpg
    any colour, any condition, doesn't have to work or provide any protection of any sort. if anyone has such a thing they would like to give me, i would be greatful. new fully working ones cost a fair whack, and i would feel bad butchering a good piece of work-kit with what i have in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

my other bodge job is a biggy. heavily modding my PLCE yoke and one of my large PLCE pouches into something..... different. i am after one part now. a respirator unit. something along the lines of this;
    post-respirator.jpg
    any colour, any condition, doesn't have to work or provide any protection of any sort. if anyone has such a thing they would like to give me, i would be greatful. new fully working ones cost a fair whack, and i would feel bad butchering a good piece of work-kit with what i have in mind.[/quote]

Hey irish, would a hospital oxygen mask kit help?
    with a bit of modding and paint it may look very like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Coins in tape work great, the passengar side mirror on my car kept moving as i drove, 5 cent in some tape, job done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

skapegoat wrote: »
    Hey irish, would a hospital oxygen mask kit help?
    with a bit of modding and paint it may look very like that.

quite possibly. have you access to one/ know where to pick one up?

ultimately it will look kinda like this.
    STALKER-2.jpg

a respirator mask, with a hose attached. the purpose of this is to hide the drinking tube of platypus water tube in a cool way, and will sheath the platypus tube insulation (i have seen them freeze. very funny, so long as you are not relying on them for your water, which the owner was. my plastic bottles could just be hammered at or cut off the frozen water (which then can be melted in the cooker) no one wants to cut a 30 euro platypus apart.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I request Dars white and black tape battery rig!

Advertisement