Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Testing Mayo Area

Options
  • 07-10-2008 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anybody tell me if ther are any labs / facilities who test water in the Mayo area. Need to validate the quality of water from a private well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 red2

Hi there,
    Im not sure about anywhere in Mayo but the Public Analysts Lab on the Seamus Quirke Rd beside UHG carry out various testing for the public. Their no is 091 581122.Hope this helps.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bod1

Thanks Red2, will give them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Declan collins in Lacken does water testing. PM me and i'll send you a number. he comes to the site to take the sample because for planning you can't send it off... could be from a bottle of ballygowan! :-) have got him before when building the house before putting in the planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

EPS in ballyhaunis will analyse your water for you.
    http://www.epsireland.com/company.htm
    Ive used them before and was very happy with service.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,313 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

thekooman wrote: »
    Declan collins in Lacken does water testing. PM me and i'll send you a number. he comes to the site to take the sample because for planning you can't send it off... could be from a bottle of ballygowan! :-) have got him before when building the house before putting in the planning.

I have sent off samples myself when dealing with private wells and planning permission. Mayo Co Co. had no problem with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

mickdw wrote: »
    I have sent off samples myself when dealing with private wells and planning permission. Mayo Co Co. had no problem with that.

um, strange... they wanted a written report off me with the test results. oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

On this subject, is there any reason for me to get my water tested if I'm on Castlebar town's public system ?
    My house is in a town estate built ca. 1996.
    I always assumed water in the town is ok until reports over summer of other large towns whose water contains lead, etc.
    Mind you, these systems were probably built a lot longer ago than ours ...

Advertisement