Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To spray or not to spray..

Options
  • 07-10-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Howdy folks,

Just want to get other peoples thoughts on this matter.
    My VW T3 needs a face lift/makeover. I'm considereing having the colour completely changed. It's red at the moment with a white high top, but the oroginal colour is pretty faded and after patching up a few bits of rust i don't know what to do with it. Anyone had their Vw completely repainted before? What was the cost?

I'm thinking burnt orange!!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

get yourself on here http://forum.80-90.co.uk/ and read the (veeery long) "paint your wagon with a roller" thread ..might give you some ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tells

Cheers Peasant.

That was very interesting indeed, but i don't have a garage for painting in nor do we have the weather to allow us to carry out these super cheap DIY jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm pretty sure that you'll find a sprayer who'll do a nixer for you, tape up all the windows and cough some paint on your van for 2-300 euro.

I'm also pretty sure that you won't like the result.

If you're going to have a proper re-spray, with all the prep work, sanding, filling, sanding, primer, etc ..the windows out and everything else off that's in the way, I'd say you're looking at 2k + to get it done.

Go ask around

Advertisement