Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone do 2 cu. yd. skips in Laois?

Options
  • 07-10-2008 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

I want to get rid of 2-3 wheelbarrow loads of rubble and some light domestic waste. The smallest skip I can hire locally is 4 cubic yards (more than double what I think I'll need) and this costs €170, which is just not worth it for what I need. Does anyone know of anybody that does a skip this small, or a dumpy bag collection service? Oxigen said it wouldn't pay for the diesel to be providing a miniskip (2 cu. yd.) service? I don't have a trailer and i don't really want the hassle of roping in someone that does....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mountrath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Yeah, I've tried Rebkoin and the rest, no can do- it's €170/ 180 for a 4 yd skip and nothing smaller. I'll probably end up bagging it and bringing it to the dump in the car, it'll cost €10 per 80 kilos and work out a lot cheaper for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Are you with AES for your normal rubbish collection? They do skips though not sure how small they start and they have 15% off the normal price if you have a 'rubbish acoount' with them.

If not, I know that Dunnes sell those skip bag things that you fill and call them to collect. Not sure if they collect outside of Dublin but worth a call maybe...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

If not, I know that Dunnes sell those skip bag things that you fill and call them to collect. Not sure if they collect outside of Dublin but worth a call maybe...

There called babyskip. www.keywaste.ie
    They don't collect in Laois.

OP oxegan advertise the smaller skips on their site. It's a pitty they don;t provide them in laois

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Thanks folks, Oxigen's website is misleading and unfortunately I cannot find any provider for the skip bag service (which is a shame as this would have been ideal). I've decided to bag the waste and bring it to the dump myself, I reckon two runs and about €20 should do it, far better than €170! Cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement