Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know of a new street fighter game releasing this year?

Options
  • 06-10-2008 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

i overheard two kids talking about a new street fighter release, whats the deal? i had the last one for old xbow the aniversary edition that was class until my dog bit it !! it was way too hard though i couldnt finish the 3rd game, and struggled to clear the sf2turbo game i dominated in the arcades as a kid.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,914 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Street Fighter IV is out already in arcades in japan. A few of the bigger arcades in london supposedly have import cabs. IT will be coming to xbox 260 and PS3 but I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing it until next year. By all accounts it's supposedly excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

The shots I've seen of it look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Also Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes.
    On Wii.
    GET IN, MY SON!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Also Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes.
    On Wii.
    GET IN, MY SON!!

Japan only however:(

Apparently character licensing means it really wont be released outside japan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,914 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Good old freeloader. Just hope nintendo don't give me a reason to update the firmware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

ferdyfish wrote: »
    i overheard two kids talking about a new street fighter release, whats the deal? i had the last one for old xbow the aniversary edition that was class until my dog bit it !! it was way too hard though i couldnt finish the 3rd game, and struggled to clear the sf2turbo game i dominated in the arcades as a kid.

There are two Streetfighter games due for release; Street Fighter IV which will be released on the Xbox360 and PS3 has a february 09 release date on the GAME UK website, although there is a small chance Capcom may be able to release it by Christmas according to rumours. The second Street Fighter game is Super Street Fighter II Turbo; H.D. Remix. It has completely new graphics and sound. This game is being released on Xbox live arcade and Playstation Network. It's due for download release later this month or early/mid Novermber at the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭duffhead1010

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Street Fighter IV is out already in arcades in japan. A few of the bigger arcades in london supposedly have import cabs. IT will be coming to xbox 260 and PS3 but I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing it until next year. By all accounts it's supposedly excellent.

Oh import cabs, I just assumed it was on general release already, I didn't even consider they're imports.:(
    So is it unlikely I'll be playing this somewhere in dublin soon?

Considering it took Quirkeys a year to get a virtua tennis cab I'd say you won't be playing it soon since that place just gets worse and worse.

Considering it took Quirkeys a year to get a virtua tennis cab I'd say you won't be playing it soon since that place just gets worse and worse.

Yeah, but it's the only arcade I can really go to, plus inital D 4 is just a AMAZING GAME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

SF2 HD Remix is going to have new gameplay balance. I couldn't give a toss about the new graphics.. I just want the first new balance update in 13 years! It looks ****ing deadly. Online play would be wonderful too. I had a flatmate a couple of years ago and we'd play Super Turbo for 4+ hours a day. I really miss the competition.

The **** thing about SF4 is Capcom aren't trying to make it a success outside of Japan. They're insisting operators order two cabinets for Vs. play. They've made up some bull**** excuse that the Type X can't handle two players but it's just that they want the operator to buy two $5000 cabinets.

Dr. Quirkies can get a new racing cabinet like Sega Race TV for $6000. There's no way in hell they're paying 10 grand for a fighter. VF5 and Tekken 6 cost half of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭ondafly

Street Fighter IV is out already in arcades in japan.

and its fantastic - played it 2 nights ago in Akihabara. Extremely easy though, got to the last boss on 1 credit. All the cabs were also single player only which was really strange, however there was 100s of cabs there ! Couldn't take any photos as you are not allowed video/photo anything happening inside the arcades.....

SF2 HD Remix is going to have new gameplay balance. I couldn't give a toss about the new graphics.. I just want the first new balance update in 13 years! It looks ****ing deadly. Online play would be wonderful too. I had a flatmate a couple of years ago and we'd play Super Turbo for 4+ hours a day. I really miss the competition.

The **** thing about SF4 is Capcom aren't trying to make it a success outside of Japan. They're insisting operators order two cabinets for Vs. play. They've made up some bull**** excuse that the Type X can't handle two players but it's just that they want the operator to buy two $5000 cabinets.

Dr. Quirkies can get a new racing cabinet like Sega Race TV for $6000. There's no way in hell they're paying 10 grand for a fighter. VF5 and Tekken 6 cost half of that.

And that's why they're S***, they should just sell a few tekken cabinets, I haven't seen anyone play on them for ages. Would they not make bucket loads of cash if they're had the only SF:4 machine in the country, making it worth 10 grand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭pool-champ

And that's why they're S***, they should just sell a few tekken cabinets, I haven't seen anyone play on them for ages. Would they not make bucket loads of cash if they're had the only SF:4 machine in the country, making it worth 10 grand?

Well i was thinking of getting them in but for 2x viewlix's @ £4000 and a sf4 setup £5000 thats £13000 for a game bit too dear but working on getting a set

pool-champ wrote: »
    Well i was thinking of getting them in but for 2x viewlix's @ £4000 and a sf4 setup £5000 thats £13000 for a game bit too dear but working on getting a set

I'll assume you're the voice of Quirkeys, please, please get it! It'll be amazing!:D

I'll assume you're the voice of Quirkeys, please, please get it! It'll be amazing!:D

No i have nothing to do with richards place i have my own

No i have nothing to do with richards place i have my own

Oh, sorry, where's that then?:confused:

Oh, sorry, where's that then?:confused:

I will be opening 3 very soon i will post the details when there ready;)

I will be opening 3 very soon i will post the details when there ready;)

Ohhh, very nice, looking forward to hearin' about it. :)

im also a mod on Arcade Otaku and do service repairs

http://www.arcadeotaku.com/forum/index.php

Advertisement