Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC to give away

Options
  • 06-10-2008 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All,

I have to get rid of a PC (tower, monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers). It's a couple of years old, but working fine. Where can I recycle it and how much would that cost?

Or if anyone wants it, let me know!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you are buying a new one then the retailer has to take the old one for recycling for you. Apart from that you could always put it up on adverts and see if anyone wants it. What are the specs and where are you located?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Try www.jumbletown.ie

It will go in a flash, thats for sure.
    I have recycled many things for free on it.
    All for free and they came to my door to collect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ilo.na

unfortunately not buying a new one. got a laptop a while back and am about to move into a place where I won't have enough room for the pc...
    no idea in regards to specs, sorry! but as I said, it's working...
    live in D17, but work in the city and am driving, so could drop it anywhere if someone wants it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Try Adverts freebie section or PC Wanted section. People always looking for stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i could do with this if it is easy to collect it

• Advertisement

old boy wrote: »
    i could do with this if it is easy to collect it
    i'm located in D17, but can bring it to the city centre if you want. where do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i have to travel up by train, the tower and the speakers would be sufficent. i have an lcd moniter i got on adverts, if that is ok by you please p.m. me so arrangements can be made

old boy wrote: »
    i have to travel up by train, the tower and the speakers would be sufficent. i have an lcd moniter i got on adverts, if that is ok by you please p.m. me so arrangements can be made
    sorry, would need someone to take all the parts...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

pm sent

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

We take donations and clean them up for local schools. You could just donate directly to a local school also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement