Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prescription Oakley sunglasses

Options
  • 06-10-2008 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I bought a pair of Oakley sunglasses less than a year ago in the states as they are 70% cheaper. Since then my eyesight has deteriorated and I need prescription lenses. I lovee my sunglasses. Does anybody know where I can get prescription lenses fitted?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yup you can but only if it is a pretty minor prescription.
    I have found a few places online that do them but not sure about places here,maybe worth calling in to vision express and asking them as I know they sell Oakleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 olazabal

In Dublin the O'Sullivan Opticians in Clare Hall Shopping Centre near Darndale/Coolock/Malahide do Oakley sunglasses, and ordinary prescription glasses. They will look after your prescription lenses.

Colette Kelly Opticians in Galway likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Don't get too attached to your Oakleys. I've had a few pairs and always found they broke far too easily. The last pair broke when I put a pair of gloves on top of them. I'm not kidding. And I didn't manage to make them replace or pay up. Since then, I've bought my shades in Aldi and had far less hassle.

Advertisement