Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White shadow on monitor images

Options
  • 06-10-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I hope someone can give me another suggestion 'cause Google just ran out of them!

I have a 2 year old laptop connected to an external 21" CRT monitor. It's been working fine until very recently. I'm now seeing a white shadow to the right of everything on screen.
    I have gone through all the screen resolutions and refresh rates - this did not fix the problem.
    I changed the cable - this did not fix the problem
    I changed the monitor to an older model CRT which I new had worked previously - this did not fix the problem.
    I changed the cable again with the change of monitor - this did not fix the problem.

The computer says that it cannot find a newer version of the display driver and troubleshooting says that the device is working correctly.

I should also point out that the image on the laptop screen is perfect.

Is there anything else I could try. I work with a lot of graphics, photoshop, etc so this is really annoying me now! Google throws up this error quite a lot with LCD monitors but not CRT!

Any help would be very welcome! Txs!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Have you anything near the monitor or signal cable which could be causing problems, speakers, power cables, adapters etc?

Also try using the degauss function on the monitor if you can find it.

Advertisement