Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day rate for Gardening Wexford

Options
  • 06-10-2008 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was quoted a day rate of €300 for 2 people 9am to 5pm and €50 extra for taking cuttings away.
    They said €100 per person and €100 for the machinery, like chain saw and strimmers.
    The work is for trimming Trees (not high or ladder work!) and Gorse, digging up a few unwanted 2inch willow trees, taking away cuttings from bushes and branches I cleared myself.
    I think it's a bit high, or is it reasonable?
    Can anyone better this price in Wexford?
    All comments welcome :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Seems entirely reasonable to me.
    It's the equivalent of €500/week (€26,000/year)
    which I don't think anyone could class as being overpaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Rigney wrote: »
    I was quoted a day rate of €300 for 2 people 9am to 5pm and €50 extra for taking cuttings away.
    They said €100 per person and €100 for the machinery, like chain saw and strimmers.
    The work is for trimming Trees (not high or ladder work!) and Gorse, digging up a few unwanted 2inch willow trees, taking away cuttings from bushes and branches I cleared myself.
    I think it's a bit high, or is it reasonable?
    Can anyone better this price in Wexford?
    All comments welcome :D

Why not do the work yourself and when you're finished, give us a report and an assessment of value for money both as payer and payee.

I sincerely hope the good people of Wexford are much more fortunate than have to work for such penal rates!

BTW, I find your use of a smilie in this instance very offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 itsmedee

Why not do the work yourself and when you're finished, give us a report and an assessment of value for money both as payer and payee.

I sincerely hope the good people of Wexford are much more fortunate than have to work for such penal rates!

BTW, I find your use of a smilie in this instance very offensive.

i totally agree with sonnenblumen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand that's enough of that.

OP, it appears you need two teenagers who'd like a bit of cash on the side (and who can't be held responsible if they butcher whatever they're pruning because they haven't got a clue, yeah?)

Nuff said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement