Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Taxi

Options
  • 05-10-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any pet taxi service or something that could bring myself and my dog to Kildare from Dublin in December. I have looked everywhere and cant find anything.
    I would bring her by train but they don’t allow dogs on without a cage and she is a 9 month old Golden so is a bit big for that.

If anyone knows of a service or offers a service I would appreciate any feedback and maybe a web link if it exists.

Thanks in advance :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

maybe you could try asking a few regular taxi's. they might do it for a bit extra. or maybe you could hire "the man with a van". im sure 1 would alow a bog in the back of the van!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Thanks, i have emailed the "man with a van" website and hope they get back to me. If anyone has any other ideas i would like to hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I think there is a pet taxi in Dublin somewhere log on to petsireland and irishanimals forums because I am 99% sure I read a thread a while back of someone saying their hubby has a taxi and will take pets or there was a guy that did it. No harm in asking. Also no harm in asking if anyone on the board is travelling that way as some people do when transporting rescues just offer a donation or to cover fuel etc.

Another option could be getting a dog crate for the train you can get larger sized ones no problem, (check out zooplus.ie or other pet shops), although would be hard to carry a larger one but usually stations have those wee carts with wheels. Putting the dog in the crate after the crate is on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

PM'd you.

Advertisement