Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanyard question

Options
  • 05-10-2008 12:21pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bit of an odd one here but someone might be able to help...

Does any know what kind of stress-tests the organisation has done on the new lanyard, if any?

The reason I ask is there have been concerns from parents of kids in the unit about their kids wearing them - they'd only be doing so for parade stuff so I think it's somewhat irrational but it would still be good to be able to say with certainty that in the extremely unlikely event of it getting caught around their necks it would snap or unravel quite easily.

I'd imagine SI has done the work to ensure the thing isn't a health hazard - that is to say I'd be surprised if they left themselves open to anything like that from a legal point of view (although the original design of the lanyard with the slip knot was a bit iffy!).

Thanks.

Advertisement